Reply to Thread

Thread: New quest and zone refresh loop

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

New quest and zone refresh loop

Today I have had the following happen to me a few times now.

1: I get a notification sayin "You have received a new quest" and a zone refresh happens on top of it.

2: I go to the quest book (when I have a few seconds of game not hanging) but there is no new quest, the zone refresh "undid" it.

3: step 1 happens again and keeps doing it like an endless loop.

Only thing to do is refresh browser and it seems ok for a while until it all happens again making the game unplayable since both getting a new quest and zone refreshes make the game hang.
    Last edited by Niclin; 17.09.21 at 14:43.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I am having the same frustration here too. After a short period of elation about actually being able to log in finally, after a month of the dreaded hammer man, this zone refreshed loop which makes my game go back in time a minute or so and reverses all the actions I just took, is seriously annoying :-(

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yesterday Zone refresh needed to occur two times while I was using Fairy Fire to gater all collectibles quickly.
    I had to click on some stuff twice and in the end the five minutes of marking where not enough.
    Fairy Fire is available for crystals.
    If we have to pay to get rid from the annoying and messing "Zone refresh", please say the price.
    If there's no other way to create some events to control the area and the quests - move away from the trashy Unity already.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Unfortunately this game refresh is really messing up game play, resulting in a very negative user experience.

For example, you want to create something in the provision/rarity provision house, you click to confirm but then the refresh happens. there's nothing listed in the production queue so you try again, only to find out later that it registered the initial item. This is especially annoying if you only need the item for a venture/scenario etc. Yes, you can use them later but it's still a nuisance because it clogs up your star menu with unusable items and, quite simply, it's irritating when the game is not behaving in the manner it should.

A second example is when you select items to be traded in the trade house. Just as you confirm a refresh occurs. The item does not appear to be listed so you add it again (note: the message that says you have added an item to be traded, in the top left-hand corner of the screen, does not appear,) You realise that the item was "listed" twice when you check your trading history (assuming it has been purchased).

As faivq mentions above, the refresh occurs and collectibles you just clicked on go back to being "not collected".

Checking loot mails (e.g. adventures, explorers etc) results in refresh which freezes the game which means, a) you need to go through the mails again or b) you never find out what you received.

I cannot be sure but I think the game glitched during a refresh and as a result I lost some gems. It was an anniversary task (a peaceful celebration - complete 2 mini missions) which i know for a fact i had not completed. I had just completed an unrelated task but the mini mission task disappeared then reappeared in green and my gems were missing. I did not click on the gems to auto-complete the task. I had clicked gems for a task involving a co-op mission yesterday but that was a completety different quest chain.

I also seem to have lost gems when i tried to open a mystery box (prize from one of the elite quest chains). When I click to accept the gems, it refreshed and i have no idea if they were added. The page freezes then speeds up so you if you don't have your eye on the gem counter at the right moment, you have no idea what was added or not (and, no, i do not memorise my gem count).

I understand there have been lots of updates and the transition has been hard, expecially now with covid/home office etc, but i would really appreciate it if we could make this constant refreshing more stable. I feel like I spend half my time waiting for the game to unfreeze, not to mention wondering if the action i performed actually happened.

The updates that have happened have been great and I do appreciate the effort that has been put into improving game play. If we could just improve the zone refresh then I think the game will be much closer to be being as good as it was on the client.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DrLucien2020; 19.09.21 at 11:58.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    This was the bottom, I guess. The Zone refresh eat the Grain conflict scenario last buff - twice!
    I canceled the scenario and tried again - and the Zone refresh ocured exactly again before the last buff was to be ready.
    So the adventure cannot be finished. And the event's quest chain that needed scenario cannot be finished.
    Remove the Zone refresh - it literally makes the game unplayable.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I can not understand how anyone can play the game in the current state.

I still hope performance will be acceptable sometime, so I am still logging in daily to get my daily login bonus. But just logging on takes me 5-10 minutes. And when I get in it is horribly laggy with the constant zone refresh everyone else is experiencing. Trying to do anything is just so frustrating.

Reply to Thread