Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Question for players who use Unity.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I know a number of players who login on Chrome using Unity in order to do the collectibles - will let you work out why....and then swap over to the old client. The fact that they swap says it all really.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    people like playing with the small finger yes

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by donallen View Post
    hi is it possible to return to old client , as a constant daily player for over 8 years this is the closest i have come to leaving completely unable to cope with constant freezing and zone refreshing and cant play adventures at all because of lagging
    yes

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    one of the issues is the way unity decides to process stuff on island-

so the more stuff u have in prov house, oil mills, harbour, adventure bookmaker, trees etc, the more the game struggles. I have a lot of all of em, and a lot are running production.

Not running em would impact game (like not making arrows etc) so that kinda limits options
    This is interesting comment. How do you know the drag is caused by these? Did you empty them all and performance improved?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is a suggestion made by BB as well to reduce lag even to the point of demolishing and rebuilding and managing production

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    It is a suggestion made by BB as well to reduce lag even to the point of demolishing and rebuilding and managing production
    I'm pretty sure that if I demolish everything I have on the island the game will suddenly be flying like an eagle ............ are you sure that BB recommended demolishing stuff?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Here is the link

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Dear Settlers,

Please note that there is a solution for a known "Out of Memory" error, which can be used as a temporary solution.

Laboratories, oil mills and harbors can generate an error (out of memory) when many productions are active at the same time, as soon as you want to select these buildings. It is then no longer possible to end or order the productions.

A simple solution is, of course, to let these buildings rest - i.e. 'do not click on the buildings' - and let the productions expire.
    If you still want to revise your productions or want to avoid the inaccuracy mentioned, you can demolish all buildings of the same type from your island. It is not enough to demolish only one building of the type, but all the same buildings must be removed. These buildings go into the star menu and can be re-placed from there. The raw materials of the productions also go back into the star, so there are no losses. Please note: Due to the delay, the "sending back" of the building and the raw materials may take some time and is not always immediately visible.

After successful demolition, you can place the buildings on your island again, but be careful not to start too many productions at the same time.

IMPORTANT: Please note pop-ups and information banners if applicable, only buildings without "upgrades" can return without losses. If you remove buildings with level upgrades, these upgrades will be reset and we will not be able to provide support. This temporary solution should therefore only be used with caution.

We are of course still working on a solution to the basic problem, but you may be able to improve some inconveniences on your own.

Many thanks to the settlers who have shared this solution with everyone.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Ah, thanks ............. but that is "out of memory" problem. How does that relate to other issues?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    In desperation for the game to run more smoothly, I demolished my ghost lantern, christmas trees and balloon house - all the things that give gifts either daily or weekly, in order to help with the incessant quest book jumpiness. This has worked a bit, it took a further week or so for the quests to drop off completely, but the ghost lantern quests still appear even though the ghost lantern is now in my star.

Reply to Thread