Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update #2

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    A core game mechanic -- selecting generals for combat and retreating them -- has been broken for two months, and there's no timeline for when it might be addressed?
    I also just want my greeeeeen light back. It's so hard to play without the basics even being possible.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Should i laugh or should i cry?
    Words cant describe my feeling, but i fear the question i asked earlier here on forum is answered with this post from BB.

The message is to me sounds like... dont bother to come back, as we dont bother to fix this game....
    Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah2_777 View Post
    "As stated in one of our earlier messages, our goal is not to keep the Settlers alive..."
    I have to admit, your post is pretty well crafted, but if you reread the sentence below you might discover the secret meaning:
    As stated in one of our earlier messages, our goal is not to keep the Settlers alive but to make them better than ever.

Anyway, let me clear this post a bit.

In this community update, we want to address common concerns which are usually:

1. What are we doing to fix the game?
    2. What are the future plans for the game?
    3. When can we expect a "fixed" game?
    4. Let us know what you are doing to give us an overall picture of what is happening.

This community update focuses not on the individual issues we have (known as bugs), but on the overall situation and the future. As you can read, the upcoming updates will bring the rest of the Unity code to the game, so it will be much easier for the development team to work on the game. We really want to make improvements to the game as soon as the technical issues are resolved. We are also working on new servers to help with performance issues.

Part of the Gem Shop that some find controversial - Gamestore improvements have NO detraction from the game's development. They're handled by different people/teams altogether.

If you are following our test server, we had three updates in the last month: one for backend improvements and two updates with bug fixes - these have not yet been deployed to our Live servers. We are constantly working on bug fixes and we're doing our best, to provide them on our Live Servers, as soon as possible to make sure you all see the difference.

We know which bugs/issues are the most annoying for you, and this is where our focus is.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 04.10.21 at 12:04.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    it's nice we're getting follow ups too, not just only once a month updates

many have a theatrical mind and can't just simply read into an Update so thanks for keeping us in the loop

World
    Sandycove
    As you brought it up ... 3. When can we expect a fixed game? Yes this IS important to us, so give us the answer. This month, next month three months from now, next year ....2030? And please do not insult our inteligence by giving us the `as soon as we can' answer, because BB has used up the quota on that statement simply because BB has shown multiple times in the past that it can't.
    4. Let us know what you are doing to give us an overall picture of what is happening.
    We are leaving the game because you broke it and are not working fast enough to repair what you broke. `three updates a month'...on test server ( which we have become sceptical of any resemblance to live anyway ) but no updates on live is not really progress to the broken live game now is it? So basically no update in a month.
    As for the work on the gem shop, why did you even have to mention that? Telling us now it is another team and is not effecting the `game' team .... well yes it is. The game needs ALL available resources thrown at it in its current state if it's to survive, but No one at BB is seeing it. You won't need a functioning gem shop if you don't have a functioning game!!! For goodness sake apply some common sense.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    As for the work on the gem shop, why did you even have to mention that? Telling us now it is another team and is not effecting the `game' team .... well yes it is. The game needs ALL available resources thrown at it in its current state if it's to survive,
    Not really, the people programming the web interfaces will be a hinderance to the devs rather than a help so u cant lump em in there to fix it.

But it would have been better to show common sense and update the webshop interface to fix it and stay silent about the work done- No notification = no road rage from people trying to play tso on unity and a lot less stress. The fix wont impact em hugely as i doubt they ae selling tons of gems at the moment although u never know how many mad people are out there

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear Trafffer, you are on the right path giving us knowledge what are you guys doing, but.....

Some of us, like me, don't play the test server. I don't know what is happening there, and I don't care. Now I hear there have been 3 updates on the test. That infuriates me, as nothing has happened here in the past month.

You say the gem store group doesn't hinder the development of the game. Duh, put more people in to fixing what is wrong here, since you say you know what needs to be fixed.

i really don't care how rough it has been for your coders trying to fix this. It has been rougher I bet for us trying to play the game,and not give up on it!

Last event was the first one I didn't spend any gems in the merchant. I wonder how we can get thorugh the Halloween event with these kinds os lags, zone refreshments and generals not functioning properly while doing addy.

Plz do not insult us by giving us more happy hours, use those moments to improve this game!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I have to admit, your post is pretty well crafted, but if you reread the sentence below you might discover the secret meaning:

Anyway, let me clear this post a bit.

In this community update, we want to address common concerns which are usually:

1. What are we doing to fix the game?
    2. What are the future plans for the game?
    3. When can we expect a "fixed" game?

This community update focuses not on the individual issues we have (known as bugs), but on the overall situation and the future. As you can read, the upcoming updates will bring the rest of the Unity code to the game, so it will be much easier for the development team to work on the game. We really want to make improvements to the game as soon as the technical issues are resolved. We are also working on new servers to help with performance issues.

Part of the Gem Shop that some find controversial - Gamestore improvements have NO detraction from the game's development. They're handled by different people/teams altogether.

If you are following our test server, we had three updates in the last month: one for backend improvements and two updates with bug fixes - these have not yet been deployed to our Live servers. We are constantly working on bug fixes and we're doing our best, to provide them on our Live Servers, as soon as possible to make sure you all see the difference.

We know which bugs/issues are the most annoying for you, and this is where our focus is.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/29324-This-game-is-dead-bb-read-this

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    it's nice we're getting follow ups too, not just only once a month updates

many have a theatrical mind and can't just simply read into an Update so thanks for keeping us in the loop
    ditto

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The gem store should have been fixed when people were actively buying gems and being denied the option to. The reason gems are not being sold now is nothing to do with a faulty gem store, its because whoever is in charge of the game is terrible at their job and just keeps making stupid decisions. Losing 80% of your player base is why the gem store is no longer selling anything.

The servers are fine too, if you run the old client then everything is responsive which points to the new client being the issue, not the servers. If upgrading the servers kills off the old client then you can probably say goodbye to another chunk of the player base. The longer the game is left in an unplayable state, the less likelihood there is of people returning, a few months and they will simply forget the game existed.

The focus needs to be on critical issues at this point.
    Fix the generals so adventures can be played.
    Fix the trade office and mail functionality so people can trade.
    Fix the constant freezes/zone refreshes.

Reply to Thread