Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update #2

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke596 View Post
    Some of us, like me, don't play the test server. I don't know what is happening there, and I don't care. Now I hear there have been 3 updates on the test. That infuriates me, as nothing has happened here in the past month.
    Almost every update first goes to the test server for various reasons (checking for possible critical bugs, changes, etc.). When everything is successful, the update lands on the Live server. This is simply done to avoid any unexpected problems during the update. The reason I'm mentioning it is simply to make everyone realize that work is going on all the time, and just because Live Server hasn't received an update yet, that doesn't mean we're not working.

You say the gem store group doesn't hinder the development of the game. Duh, put more people in to fixing what is wrong here, since you say you know what needs to be fixed.
    There are things/decisions you can't speed up with more people, you just need time to complete them.

Plz do not insult us by giving us more happy hours, use those moments to improve this game!
    As I already explained, Happy Hour is scheduled in advance and is an automatic process. Every purchase is optional, as is the in-game store which is available all the time. If you don't want to spend anything, you don't have to.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    And disabling the happy hour takes dev time to un automate it or adjust it as well -

It is pointless on focussing on trivialities really- they dont get stuff done faster and only frustrate you.

BB said it is automated process- just like some others - let it run and ignore it is best option - Getting it "fixed" wont speed anything up and if the "fix' hits a snag, it will only slow stuff down

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Working to improve the gem shop. This just made my day. Everything else has been fixed or, at least, improved significantly.

BB made this post / "announcement" just to give the impression that it has activity ..... infact it is just spamming its own forum.

So pathetic .....

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    So much wrong with this update message.

Gem Shop should be shut till the game is fixed.

Gems should be given out to people who log in at all at this point simply because they want to keep the life support going on this game

Priority issues to be addressed before Gem shop is reopened

1: Load times
    2: General Switching
    3: General Retreating
    4: Star Menu showing wrong images so you cannot tell what buff is what when visiting other peoples islands
    5: I would like to be playing this game and be able to switch tabs without the game falling over
    6: I would like to see if anyone is online

Basically either fix the stuff that matters to the end users or admit you are trying to get people to quit because you have no clue how to fix it and want to switch it off without the worry of people suing you for compensation for their past gem purchases due to your incompetence killing the game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i dont think they worry too much about that sueing thinghy there

1) the shop will be under french or german law- good luck with that
    2) most people wont bother even starting something
    3) Too expensive so u need to organize a ton of people willing to front up money to pay for a lawsuit

BB knows that too and also knows that however angry people get, the chance for suing and successfully at that are so small that they can ignore it - or worse: get people to organize start the suit and before it is running, recompense the people in the suit- all options are expensive on the sue-ers and not too bad on the company aka better than forking over the money now or drying up the trickle from gem shop

They will not shup gem shop
    they will not had everyone free gems unlimited
    They will plod along slowly till 1 of 2 scenarios:
    a) the game gets playable and players return and buy gems
    b) management decides enough is enough and pulls plug

Both scenarios will be bottomline driven on the whole - alas not forum driven

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why is it taking so long to fix this game?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by robblack1 View Post
    Why is it taking so long to fix this game?
    Not enough people and not enough money to do it faster.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Worst bugs in my opinion:

1: Extremely slow loading of map.
    2: Zone refreshes, sometimes endless stream of them less than a minute apart only fix is browser refresh F5.
    3: Extreme slow loading of new quests combined with even more zone refreshes.
    4: Generals changing when doing adventures.
    5: Slowness of most things like fx sending out explorers.
    Last edited by Niclin; 15.10.21 at 15:46.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I can login and play
    BTW what is the GEMSHOP?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    a place to make your credit card cry

Reply to Thread