Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Unity Version - Community Update #2

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Almost every update first goes to the test server for various reasons (checking for possible critical bugs, changes, etc.). When everything is successful, the update lands on the Live server........
    Sorry, but this really cracked me up, still laughing ass I type...

The use of test server to reduce bugs going to live servers ended about 6-7 years ago, maybe longer. The feedback on test was responded to by the BB of the time, the information was passed to the devs, and most of the issues on test were resolved before they came to live servers. With a change of ''management'' this system collapsed as shown, for instance, by the number of hotfixes in events - I use the term management loosely as these days I am not sure anyone manages the game, it just grinds along)

Then came the ultimate refusal to accept the feedback being given on test. You loaded Unity onto test2, we went to the time and effort of playing on it for you, gave mountains of feedback letting you know what a failure it was and then....you loaded it on live servers in the same form with exactly the same disgraceful consequences for the players. So to say ''when everything is successful the update lands on the Live servers'' is a total fabrication and distortion of the truth.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    When it has loaded on test, we will run it while the update gets prepared for live- as long as test doesnt crash and burn, there are no reasons not to push content to live servers and take it from there

That seems to have been the general way it has been handled many times. Bugs reported on test (say in events) still make it to live and then needs indeed emergency maintenance. I am not saying this is 100% of times the case but too many times bugs noted on test, even when game breaking, still get copied to live.

BB's definition of successful obviously is a different one from players. Probably you have stuff on internal servers and internal bug lists that get tested and found to be fixed. But that is not the same as new bugs noticed by players. If BB is serious about the statement :

Almost every update first goes to the test server for various reasons (checking for possible critical bugs, changes, etc.). When everything is successful, the update lands on the Live server........

Then you really should read the feedback from players and act on the most important ones. The time between something going on test and then pushed to live is ridiculously small - by the time you collated the feedback from players, usually the maintenance is already announced/scheduled and a few days later implemented

So either say all known bugs are fixed and tested on live but if new bugs rise, they will be tackled later if needed, not imply that you take the feedback and fix stuff before releasing it. It simply isn't true in most of the cases. Be more precise in communications or don;t be surprised that people lash out

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    i had a bit of time and made a quick (30min) video feedback. I've used FreeCam

anyone has it better/worse then i do?
    My god i wish my game loaded as fast as yours! You don't realise how lucky you are lol

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    BB's definition of successful obviously is a different one from players. Probably you have stuff on internal servers and internal bug lists that get tested and found to be fixed. But that is not the same as new bugs noticed by players.
    The nature of the bugs reported by players make it obvious theres no internal testing going on.

Its humanly impossible to be employed and getting paid any kind of money as a QA and not notice glarigly obvious bugs players find within the first hour.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Who said they don;t notice em?

I am pretty certain they get noticed and then ignored or overruled by management

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Almost every update first goes to the test server for various reasons (checking for possible critical bugs, changes, etc.). When everything is successful, the update lands on the Live server. This is simply done to avoid any unexpected problems during the update. The reason I'm mentioning it is simply to make everyone realize that work is going on all the time, and just because Live Server hasn't received an update yet, that doesn't mean we're not working.
    I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    so why does the update come?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Almost every update first goes to the test server for various reasons (checking for possible critical bugs, changes, etc.). When everything is successful, the update lands on the Live server. This is simply done to avoid any unexpected problems during the update. The reason I'm mentioning it is simply to make everyone realize that work is going on all the time, and just because Live Server hasn't received an update yet, that doesn't mean we're not working.
    Stop lying.... i talked to you as late as a week before first launch of unity, and you selves told me that all the worries of the tsotesting2 server was just cause it didn't have enough power and all this would change on launch.... well story was in no way that and we all know how it has been running since this...
    So when are you going to tell the real story and not a bunch of lies......
    And you sat in chat and told us that the client wouldn't work after the convert and look... somebody made it work... but again we was lied to and told this was not possible....

So it comes down to who forced these decision is not part of the community, but someone higher that doesn't play the game or listen to the players (and maybe some devs that didn't want to push the update) cause of all the worries or bugs....

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    The gem store should have been fixed when people were actively buying gems and being denied the option to. The reason gems are not being sold now is nothing to do with a faulty gem store, its because whoever is in charge of the game is terrible at their job and just keeps making stupid decisions. Losing 80% of your player base is why the gem store is no longer selling anything.

The servers are fine too, if you run the old client then everything is responsive which points to the new client being the issue, not the servers. If upgrading the servers kills off the old client then you can probably say goodbye to another chunk of the player base. The longer the game is left in an unplayable state, the less likelihood there is of people returning, a few months and they will simply forget the game existed.

The focus needs to be on critical issues at this point.
    Fix the generals so adventures can be played.
    Fix the trade office and mail functionality so people can trade.
    Fix the constant freezes/zone refreshes.
    Have those numbers been substantiated? Our build went from 30-40 players to 8 reliably being on. It's been awful and is certainly unsustainable.

Reply to Thread