Reply to Thread

Thread: A bit faster

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

A bit faster

Ok so I'm one of those guys who never restart my computer (PC win 10)

For months on end I just set it to hibernate whenever I go to bed never really actually turning my PC off.

Well,, the other day I did restart my win 10 pc, fighting and clawing my way throug whatever win 10 updates were waiting thinking my pc wouold never restart because of endless "working - pleas dont shut down" messages and black screens.

Well, eventually after holding down the power button for 5 seconds many a time to get the win 10 updtae to actually update, my desktop actually came through. Imagine that, not just a bricked pc.

Well what I experienced from that was a faster loading TSO and also faster gameplay!

The day after (after a hibernate) I loaded as usual and TSO was slow again

So i did a few driver updating and reststarde pc again and TSO was fast again!

--

The days to follow it seems that whenever I start TSO after a PC reboot (restart), TSO is faster!

So after a hibernate it becomes slow, but after a restart it is fatser! just a suggestion to those struggelig. If it's been a while since u restarted your PC then maybe try that. Do it at your own risk tho!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    If you go to your update settings you can define a window on when the pc is used. It then reboots for updates outside these hours. And yes, a weekly reboot makes sense. I think it might be bad memory management of the browser/game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    that is one of the bad things, i don;t want to speculate how long the list is though

Reply to Thread