Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Server zone crashed

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We're investigating which items/buffs/actions can lead to the "Server Zone Crash" issue. If you know what caused it for you, please let us know.

Every day, very early in the morning, our servers receive a sort of "Server Zone cleaning". This is the reason some of you may play again. However, if it's a buff or maybe a production chain, which is longer than 24 hours (so it doesn't end before the server check) you might need to wait longer before you will be able to get back in.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ty for the reply. What time is the 'server clean' may I ask?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Traffer, thank you for your reply. I am using grilled steak buff on most buildings so that's probably the reason for "Server Zone crashes". Each time it was after buffing different buildings. At first, it was after buffing Oil Mill Tribute (with elixir), then after buffing Noble Bookbinder Tribute (with elixir also), then I gave up using elixir on these Tributes. After that it was after buffing Education Tribute or Lettersmith Tribute (with grilled steak). The latest was after buffing some Coal Mine (with grilled steak).

I was thinking it may be because of other buildings as well since I buff many buildings in short period of time. Maybe after 10-20 buffed buildings, "Zone refreshed" triggers "Server Zone crash". Those Tributes I have in sector 9 are most suspicious since several of them are showing "Zzzzzzz" which I didn't stop at all and all "Server Zone crashes" (except for the last one) happened when I was buffing in sector 9. Those Tributes with "Zzzzzzz" (that I didn't stop) are Oil Mill Tribute, Lettersmith Tribute and Education Tribute. When I get to login again, I can see if there are some more Tributes with "Zzzzzzz". Next to those Tributes are my Pumpkin Cemeteries (which I buff regularly with Stadium Snacks). Maybe these are the reason for "Server Zone crashes" since none of this ever happened to me before this event.

In the end, may I suggest "Server Zone cleaning" be more frequent (at least twice a day) because that would help end "Server Zone crashes" after a few hours only instead of waiting for the next day.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by casel0gic View Post
    It's 5 AM (10 minutes ago). I tested it this very moment and a few day ago.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ive buffed my entire island with steaks and got no server crash, I wonder if its the speed that they are buffed, but I have not yet tried the zone buffs again - if there is a server zone cleaning then that would help a lot rather than waiting overnight

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by casel0gic View Post
    Between 1-5 am Server Time.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    All of my buildings that were "Zzzzzz" not by my will have gone normal after the event. I guess I received "Server zone crashes" after buffing those "Zzzzzz" buildings. Pumpkin fields were next to them and after those fields were gone, all my buildings have returned to normal status and working as before. I guess there will be no "Server zone crashes" any more.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We have also added another fix for "server zone crash" in the latest update on our test server.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    well a new one for me. I was on a Young Wood Cutter and just about to send an attack when I got the server zone crash message - I feel special

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    refreshing buff on EForge (stop buff then Fruits - bah crash)

Reply to Thread