Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] [Dev Diary] Halloween Event 2021

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello everyone!

We know about the issues which appeared after today's hotfix, and the team is working to resolve them.

We will keep you updated.
    Just why oh why did the team still decide to start the event with all these problems? I can honestly say, that the game is at it's worst state ever. A lot of people are having all kinds of problems that make the game unplayable (lag, zone refreshes, buffs not working, gens not working, invitations not working etc. The biggest problem i'm facing is the "Server zone crashed" error which game with the latest update. None of the hot fixes fixed that. For me it means that my island is locked and i can't log in for god knows who long till the lock is somehow automatically lifted. This has happened to me 4 times by now and i also know other players are having this issue. Premium time goes to waste, buildings are not buffed, pfb is useless, explorers sit in the star, pumpkin fields slowly run out and get depleted, no pumps no nothing! And all u say, is that u are aware of these issues? Will there be another hot fix any time soon that would fix all these major issues or is it now finally the time to leave and never return? I have never seen so much incompetence in my life..

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Looks like love tree also not working for me today but xmas market is working

Later edit: looks like island hopping fixed my love tree
    Last edited by Amorp; 26.10.21 at 14:03.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    My xmas bakery worked 6 hours AFTER cooldown ended, lovetree 7 hours.
    Many attempts with logoffs in client and web before it worked

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey everyone.

We are aware of the issue with the "Locked Zone" and a hotfix is coming - we will publish the schedule soon.

For now, please don't use Love Garden.

We are also looking at other issues that have been reported, such as adventure invitations or Love Garden.

We will keep you informed.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 26.10.21 at 14:25.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I am not sure why the servers are being touched at all. The old client was still fully functional (except for excelsior graphics) up until the recent "server improvements". Now we have some aoe buffs not working, zone lock issues and adventure invites not working on either client. The focus needs to be on the unity client and not the servers. The servers were communicating with the old client perfectly fine.

The developer team should try using the old client so they can see which stuff on the server is working instead of trying to fix things in the wrong place.

Some examples are:
    Indicators above buildings to show upgrade available (Easter Baskets, other event buildings that are upgraded by achievement points), work as normal on old client, broken on unity
    Mine deposits, show up normally with the values contained in them on old client, broken on unity
    Green activity lights on friends/guild members, work fine on old client, missing on unity
    Zone refreshes, these just reset menu positions and clear out unsaved numbers added to generals on the old client, but on unity they completely freeze the client for several seconds.

There is loads of stuff like this where the unity client needs the fixes, but the developer team is trying to fix them server side instead?
    Last edited by Kotugo; 26.10.21 at 14:27.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    Game is not loading. Stops at 40% progress.
    Unable to login yesterday using Edge

Able to login today with Chrome but no Halloween calendar , No Halloween tab in Provision House, no Golem

I had to refresh to get them but then Quest List won't open
    Last edited by Sandycat; 26.10.21 at 16:25.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    Game is not loading. Stops at 40% progress.

Today I was able to login through Chrome, good luck

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Chatting with players in global, issue with bakery/love tree/market may be related to incorrect cooldown.

My love tree has a cooldown of 20 hours but I was only able to start it after about 26
    Xmas bakery is 24 hours cooldown, could only start it after about 30 hours.

Unverified obvs but seems reasonable, credit to first lord and kodran for pointing out.

ETA Observatory has similar behaviour, countdown expired, spinny spinny trying to to start
    Last edited by ClarenceDuPont; 26.10.21 at 17:48.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey everyone.

We are aware of the issue with the "Locked Zone" and a hotfix is coming - we will publish the schedule soon.

For now, please don't use Love Garden.

We are also looking at other issues that have been reported, such as adventure invitations or Love Garden.

We will keep you informed.
    Will the event be extended to compensate ppl for not being able to play how they would of for various bugs that stopped us

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Where to start with this event...

... only on day 2 and it feels like I been at it for a week ... one minute love tree works .. next it doesnt, same with spring park and all other buffs .. its a lottery of which will work ..

Adventures are a right struggle which requires alot of patience , one minute generals set off .. next they havent , then they set off again, then I have to wait until camp is destroyed as there is no bar now to see progress .. next minute general hasnt even set off ...

I am glad explorers are coming back with pumpkins as I am struggling to do enough adventures to refil the pumpkin fields ...

Only another 19 days of HELL to do.

The event would be much better if the zone refresh wasnt there, which happens every couple of seconds, yes seconds, but you have know about this bug since July on test server, the deafening silence on this zone refresh is astonishing ... no word on when it will be fixed/looked at...

Anyway back to zone refresh, on next adventure on the Horrorween Event.

Next issue is what will break on next hotfix ... I need a drink.

Reply to Thread