Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sending Explorers

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up Sending Explorers

It would be a really nice thing to have explorers grouped up on the same square, i.e. having the number of them in the corner and being able to send that entire group for the duration of the Treasure or Adventure search

It would greatly help long term players, that have upwards of 30 explorers, making it much easier

I did manage to see it do that when the game was having its little... moment, but it should be a consideration

Any additional input or thoughts on this, feel free to post/reply

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes- this has been suggested multiple times and is on the wishlist and Bb has said it is on their radar once issues are fixed so nothing new here

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hopefully the game is eventually fixed and this becomes a real thing

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello,
    we need it mass sending button for explorers and geologist.
    Can you developed ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    1) we dont need- we want
    2) it has been suggested and BB has said it is on their radar
    3) Nothing is more important than fixing the game to playable unity lvl, BB has stated that already that this is their number 1 priority before looking at any game imporvements

So can they develop: Yes Will they develop : Maybe- will it be this year: if hell freezes over i guess : will it be next year: if we are very lucky :P

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Settlers.

This is one of the first features we would like to introduce to the game. We also mentioned this in our Unity Transition FAQ.

However, currently, technical issues take priority over everything else - as soon as this will be behind us, we look forward to delivering new content, features, and improvements.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Som8484 View Post
    It would be a really nice thing to have explorers grouped up on the same square, i.e. having the number of them in the corner and being able to send that entire group for the duration of the Treasure or Adventure search
    But if the same kind of explorers are grouped in one square how would I choose different tasks for them if i wish to?

I agree we need "mass send" of some sort but I don't think one square per kind with a number is the best solution.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    and how do you deal with explorers with a mixture of skills so they may all arrive back as different times anyway?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    1) we dont need- we want
    2) it has been suggested and BB has said it is on their radar
    3) Nothing is more important than fixing the game to playable unity lvl, BB has stated that already that this is their number 1 priority before looking at any game imporvements

So can they develop: Yes Will they develop : Maybe- will it be this year: if hell freezes over i guess : will it be next year: if we are very lucky :P
    Re no.1, no we really do need. For players with any sort of wrist problems (rsi, carpal tunnel, arthritis etc), of which there are not an insignificant number, sending more than a few explorers manually is not an option.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elita5 View Post
    Re no.1, no we really do need. For players with any sort of wrist problems (rsi, carpal tunnel, arthritis etc), of which there are not an insignificant number, sending more than a few explorers manually is not an option.
    that reasoning will get a "need" in many a game. The fact that there are repetitive moves in the game is part and parcel of the type of game. To remove that is a fundamental;y different ballgame as with many other games. Games tend to not be all- inclusive. You indirectly suggest that the game should be made to be all inclusive - the gameplay implications be bleeped.

That is your vision, mine still is that a game and gameplay concept doesnt mean it is for everyone and hence i still see it as a want, a much desired want, but still a want. But it hardly matters as BB has already said they are looking at some version of automating explorers- at which point most likely half the population will disagree with the solution )

Reply to Thread