Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old flash client for MacOS? why not..

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Old flash client for MacOS? why not..

Hello settlers!

Installation a client for Mac users on OSX (tested on MacMini 6.2 OSX Catalina):

1. Go to AppStore, find an application called UserScripts by Justin Wasack and install it as an extension for your Safari browser (this will be an analogue script editor for TemperMonkey, as it is not free in AppStore). Also allow SAFARI to use it as an extension.
    2. Go to this page https://sirris.tsomaps.com/TSOlastBreath.user.js select and copy ALL the script from it.
    3. Open SAFARI browser, find this add-on icon (it will be on the left from your browser link address string) and open it. (Before opening, hover with your mouth on it and check the box ENABLE INJECTION).
    4. Press + on the left of editor (create new script), select NEW JAVASCRIPT and PASTE all the script you previously copied from the link above. Now save it and TSOlastBreath name will appear in the list of scripts in your editor.
    5. Open your TSO webpage, login into your account and now you will see a button OLD client and HIGHLIGHT one in the left column amongst the other buttons, just above PLAY NOW button.
    6. DO not press OLD CLIENT now, as you don’t have it yet
    7. Download a client from this link https://sirris.tsomaps.com/TSOclient.zip double click on it, your Mac will reject installation from unknown sources, go to system preferences, input your Mac password and allow installation for this application – you will see it at the bottom.
    8. After this, return to your TSO webpage, refresh it and press OLD CLIENT button. Presumably you have done everything right – the client will start smoothly and quickly and will run until the next BB maintenance.
    9. If BB will do the next update you have to replace SFW file here as well. In the folder where you download client, right click on it and select Show Contents, next go to CONTENT\RESOURCES\ The file CLIENT.SFW will be located there. Follow the WIKI guides for updates and TSOmaps webpage for the fresh version of that file and replace it when necessary.

Thanks Phoenix70 for making this instruction

Last edited by SirriS_RU; 04.11.21 at 09:50.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks on behalf of the MAC players, they will be happy to see this.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    So no Mac client from BB and star community member get's it done.

If I were a mac user, I'd be raging at being left behind at the start of the year.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Sure, focus on the positive

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It does seem a bit odd, it's almost like all the real developers left and the remaining people are only able to copy+paste existing stuff and adjust the numbers for them.

We had no real extra content for some time but instead loads of generals/explorers/geos/buildings that behave the same as stuff already in the game but slightly different. When they do "fix" stuff is ends up more broken instead and has to be rolled back.

I wish they would post an explanation rather than hiding behind community managers.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    What am i doing wrong on my mac? And yes i have the new swf file after last quickfix
    Client opens, Island loading but fails when pushing check sign

Last edited by Ronkini; 05.11.21 at 20:34.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I can't test this so it's only a guess, but make sure the "highlight" tickbox is not selected before clicking old client.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Kotugo rights, with "highlight" checked you cant load game
    new backend for "highlight" exists, but instruction need to be translated

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Highlight is not checked

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle