Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas event bonus loot

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Post Christmas event bonus loot

If I'm not mistaken last years christmas event only had a x3 xp bonus but had no loot bonus, and probably older versions too.

Based on the fact that halloween was a complete failure coming from BB, the many bugs that appeared and assuming more bugs will come before or during christmas event, I suggest that this years event should have at least x2 bonus loot xp if not x3.

I consider this is early and players should have plenty of time to vote and BB should have plenty of time accepting it and implementing it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i can see where you are coming from but then the double loot will only impact "regular loot" as there is no special event loot - read gifts- in adventure loot.

This will disproportionately benefit higher player over lower players.

As to the plenty of time, that is not really the case, the patch will have to be ready and tested (we hope) around a week before event start as that is kinda the normal maintenance to implement the event. So 20th of december start would mean 13th of december maintenance which means the pack will have to be ready by friday the 10th of december at the latest

That leaves em 3 weeks to decide on having us have a say, decide what the say will have to be, post poll that runs for around a week to give everyone a chance to vote and then put devs to work- That would give em realistically around 1 week to implement and test changes while trying tu work int he changes for xmas loot etc and fixing a bug or two

It all sounds like a lot of available time but on the ground it is not that much and even a small snag would mean running out of time

It would be nice if they did something more/better than a compensation mail but then i personally would think it would be fair to spread the benefit around more (so at an event where event loot bonusses are also readily available for lower levels ) and actually have enough time to not make a nice addition that then backfires on them and us

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Christmas has never been an adv based event, general belief people should be with friends and families rather than farming adventures. Same reason long treasure searches have proportional returns and are not punished like other events where more frequent visits and shorter searches have higher returns.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    "rather than farming adventures" but xmas has triple xp

Cool, people can just be inactive and not do addys and just get the presents from explorers, no1 minds that. But people that are active can get x3 xp and x2 loot

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    or get a bugged event cause they went and played with the code

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    looks like bb doesnt care to answer until its too late?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I would guess they haven't answered as they, like most, thing it better to be playing with the game code to make that work properly rather than the code for one feature of one event

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    most likely, the event was already done and waiting to be implemented on test when this was floated - project closed so wont be revisited )

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I would guess they haven't answered as they, like most, thing it better to be playing with the game code to make that work properly rather than the code for one feature of one event
    they already have bonus loot for other events, so take that part for the xmas event too, what new code?

Reply to Thread