Thread: [Feedback] Change log 14/12/21

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Can we got back on map foreign ship ?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    A huge thank you BB. Some big improvements on Unity. I and others I know are really looking forward to the Event now.

Edit : It goes without saying that I feel so sorry for others that are having the issues I am not.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 16.12.21 at 19:38.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Got back in on browser tonight, so it's a conditional thank you from me until I see that the lessons have been learned.
    The past year has shown a culture of doing things backwards in development.
    Tonight's experience has been the most playable since the client was taken away, tbh this is the first acceptable version to go Live since that date, all that has gone on in the interim period should have been confined to the test server, we should have been playing Live in a "last known good" ie: the client version, until a version this playable had been developed, what we've had to endure in the meantime has been truly dreadful, and driven away a number of dedicated players.
    Even worse was using the French servers as "guinea pigs" again, but ignoring the player reports of the disastrous effect it had, it shouldnot have then been inflicted on all the other language versions in such a parlous state, better a postponed event than no event at all for many.

What was appearing to happen tothose of us locked out was that our browsers were "speaking in Unity" to the servers, but the servers were responding in part-Unity and part-Client, so Key Values were not translating correctly. Yet using the Client version, however unofficially obtained, we could get in.
    I suspect that code for this years event was copied over from last years, which also coincided with the conversion from Browser/Flash to Browser/Client, and manifested the same problems that blighted so many players then. If that is what happened,it should now be blatantly obvious that this is too risky a practice, much safer to rewrite the event launching code from scratch under existing game state conditions, not lifting code from a previous transitional period, and yet again, this should all have been proven first under the Test environment, not Live.
    Please learn from this, and when your players are reporting major problems, for the love of God, please listen to them.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure if the 'Gem Package' from the Merchant-Epic items is broken since the updates/hotfix. A week ago it worked, but I am sure it did not work today. I think i had 16003 gems when I logged on this morning, I complete an 'annoholics tour' which gave me 50, then the gem package, now with 6 days 15 hours remaining, and I have one gem pit, so i should have over 16153 gems but I only have 16092. And that means as well as it is broken you owe me 100 gems or 600 Star coins.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Still no Foreign Ship! Please fix it or remove/replace the quest.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dairy says:

WONDEROUS WINTER RESIDENCE
    Description: A freezing bastion against winter cold. Could someone please get a heating engineer? This beautiful and unique winter residence is a must under every Christmas Tree. Requires 1000 presents to fully upgrade this beauty! Houses 140 Population at the start, up to 650 once fully upgraded.

but game wants 4500 presents for that upgrade, better run hotfix to change it to correct number of presents please.

https://prnt.sc/23lfd4c
    Last edited by Gekke-Gerrit; 18.12.21 at 19:06.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    No Pirate ship... yet another step backwards. Outstanding BB at unpicking the game, slowly breaking step by step.
    Performance suck, mail crashes if you select more than one type to collect - note selecting Loot with both explorers and something like Choc bonus crashes the game.

Question: In the last two years, has there been a successful patch that hasn't broken something? I can't remember one

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekke-Gerrit View Post
    Dairy says:

WONDEROUS WINTER RESIDENCE
    Description: A freezing bastion against winter cold. Could someone please get a heating engineer? This beautiful and unique winter residence is a must under every Christmas Tree. Requires 1000 presents to fully upgrade this beauty! Houses 140 Population at the start, up to 650 once fully upgraded.

but game wants 4500 presents for that upgrade, better run hotfix to change it to correct number of presents please.

https://prnt.sc/23lfd4c
    It would be nice to know what is happening with the above problem, has the price increased (inflation) or is it an error(boo-boo)?
    Last edited by amazola; 20.12.21 at 01:16.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    It would be nice to know what is happening with the above problem, has the price increased (inflation) or is it an error(boo-boo)?
    Expect an answer some time in january.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I logged on to see if anything had improved after this latest patch, and that still took 10 minutes.

After I had loaded a second time to get the game properly loaded, with chat working, it did seem to run faster than before, so some improvement has been made. But still nowhere near acceptable.

BB's developers still have a long way to go before Settlers online is playable.

Reply to Thread