Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorp View Post
    Well, not sure if you call this balance, but I think starting with last years football event they introduced in events, besides a normal building for event currency(max limit1/2), same building for insane amount of gems and the limit for gems was like 2-3-4-5 buildings etc so they really embracing the gem spending
    So maybe the "balancing" was to say that we should have spent hundreds of GBP on all those gem items to have that increased explorer power? Sounds perfectly logical. They gave us so much opportunity to spend real money on non-functional game and us fools did not get it. Here we go I knew that collective player wisdom will finally crack the secret

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Are we all still chewing on this digested sandwich???
    Give it a rest, there is lot's more to complain about. How about a game that does not properly work under unity?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it doesn't?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Out of curiosity, could you please tell me how many explorers you had during the 2020 event and how many did you have during the 2021 event? I am asking about the one you have, not the one available in the event.
    Is it realy about the amount of explorers we have or is it more about the staff that makes misstakes with posting a dairy without checking if it confirms with running event ?

Some low level players don't have so many explorers as you might think and they are the ones that bought the woundrous winter residence and found out that the upgrade is more expencive then dairy said.
    Last edited by Gekke-Gerrit; 17.01.22 at 17:33.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Out of curiosity, could you please tell me how many explorers you had during the 2020 event and how many did you have during the 2021 event? I am asking about the one you have, not the one available in the event.
    Out of curiosity too, how many devs are currently working on fixing unity and how many were employed when the game ran of flash?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by joeonthego View Post
    Out of curiosity too, how many devs are currently working on fixing unity and how many were employed when the game ran of flash?
    My guess is that it is a student that comes in once or twice a week for a few hours, that would be the only logic explanation of the snail speed of the progress, and the fact that it looks as if they make as many new bugs as they fix.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i guess traffers tactic to "make us think and see that balancing is needed kinda failed there :P

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    i guess traffers tactic to "make us think and see that balancing is needed kinda failed there :P
    I really like how sometimes players think there is a special tactic, conspiracy, code or whatever in my posts

I know most players take my posts very seriously and sometimes they think that everything I post has a secondary meaning or secret message. I was responding to lordloocan post in which he discussed the changes and I wanted to give him a wider perspective on explorers, but that doesn't mean the balance was made just/or for that reason alone.

In the future, if we balance any prices, I will try to provide more details, so everyone will be able to see the reason.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mostly we like timely communication, not we decided to balance this small part of the game and oopsie this was after we made all the communications about it already and forgot to change it and oopsie it took us 3 weeks to realize that

The whole thing smelled of a whitewash to be honest. It might not be, but you guys sure made it smell that way by the not so fluent communications and timelags in it.

Glad to hear it wasnt a whitewash, alas in this case the blowback comes from your own dev diary and other communications which made clear that there was a different pricing than listen and after people find out, they cant rectify this anymore as you cant sell back the item to the merchant.

I had no problem with the price- i already stated i forked it over early but honestly... lvl 8 being more expensive than lvl 9 sure smelled fishy once again ...

I know of others who couldnt affort to get the max amount due to spending their gifts on upgrades - quite unexpectedly.

So something was off, only BB knows what- and only the never players really suffered because the older playerbase usually had enough explorers to bring in the presents or the coin to buy the needed extra presents - So in that respect the mini rebalance kinda failed alas
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 19.01.22 at 11:15.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I really like how sometimes players think there is a special tactic, conspiracy, code or whatever in my posts

I know most players take my posts very seriously and sometimes they think that everything I post has a secondary meaning or secret message. I was responding to lordloocan post in which he discussed the changes and I wanted to give him a wider perspective on explorers, but that doesn't mean the balance was made just/or for that reason alone.

In the future, if we balance any prices, I will try to provide more details, so everyone will be able to see the reason.
    I know what you responded to. And can you, instead of just stating obvious, kindly give us those details for this specific case, as I have already asked you before? Ty.
    I think that's what all this debate is about. You did not give a good explanation in timely manner, and you have not given one still. Giving future promises instead of providing proper answer here and now will be viewed as an excuse, I'm sure you are aware of that. So why don't you just dispel our doubts by giving us proper data?
    Last edited by Norton_C; 18.01.22 at 15:56.

Reply to Thread