Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    as colonies dont function in unity, youc an not really win battlles nd then get granite loot over time from them. Ofc if u use client u can- still the search will not bring back resources, just the expeditions with granite reward- the thread explaining the workings is quite clear but most likely not valid as i doubt enough people play pvp in the current situation

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Technically it is fraud under the EU and UK sales of goods acts but good luck taking an action

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Settlers,

We heard your comments about the upgrade costs of the winter residence.
    The upgrade costs of 4500 presents and 4500 grout for the Winter residence are balanced as intended for this event. However we read all your feedback and will take this info into account for the re-balancing of the next event.

Kind regards,
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Dear Settlers,

The upgrade costs of 4500 presents and 4500 grout for the Winter residence are balanced as intended for this event. However we read all your feedback and will take this info into account for the re-balancing of the next event.

Kind regards,
    So to me this translates as:

We ( BlueByte ) can put anything we want into the dev diary, but you as a user will need to check everything is as stated or you may not have enough event resources to do what you carefully calculated based on the info supplied.
    That also applies not just to costs but anything that has a numerical value, like the duration of a buff.
    We also think that randomly giving people 3 x pfb is a fair thing to do, and, if you think 3 kitty lures isn't an equivalent, we at BlueByte do.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Wonder what's so unique about this event that it is suddenly balanced at 450 % of original balance. Give me a break with such propaganda. BB can't even be honest about their mess-ups. Who believes that with all that is going on with Unity and other bugs and BB having no time to fix even the basics there was a team meeting to "re-balance" Wondrous upgrade cost? ...... yeah, right .......
    And then it took them over 2 weeks to come up with such an excuse .......... 2 weeks of "looking into it" ........
    Last edited by Norton_C; 11.01.22 at 13:09.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    well thats me scuppered till next year then, spent and gave away all my presents

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear Settlers,

Kind regards,
    The main issue was not the cost as such, but discrepancy between data given in DD plus Merchant and reality, meaning the building has been advertised with false data. I don't think you have addressed that. If the data said clearly the actual cost then your post would be relevant.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Settlers,

Kind regards,
    If it was balanced for this event, why wasn't the loot of adventures balanced accordingly ?
    So double or tripple loot would give a better balance too.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Dear Settlers,

Kind regards,
    My reply on the dutch server was that the communication is very poor...
    The Dev Diary is incorrect...
    Dont read anything about that....

I asked if i could return the residences, but there isnt coming any answer on that...
    Maybe Traffer can????
    U ( bb ) sold the residences under false data... If i would have known, i would not have bought them....
    But I have to go by the info that BB gives me.... so....

World
    Sandycove
    Ha ha ha ....The `Balanced ' excuse !! You know BB made a boo boo when they fall back on that one.
    I for one thought that in previous events the Christmas wondrous residence was too cheap in terms of upgrades and cost of event resources compared to other event wondrous residences. However the grout was on a par. To increase both does not sound too `balanced' to me and looks more like the usual `pick a number' as they have shown in the past.
    As others have said that this does not address the false information which should have been done as soon as the discrepancy was brought to BB attention ( at the start of the event ). If, as it is being said now, was a mistake in the diary, then a correction and apology at the time would of been sufficient for many. But to leave it till the end of the event, neither takes responsibility for the mistake ( Not a surprise as BB never takes responsibility, as they never make mistakes ) or treats their player base ( which, remember they think are great ) with contempt. Why oh why could they not see a way clear to compromise TILL THEY GET IT RIGHT, rather than make the players pay for their error NOW!
    Here is a thought ( I know I said I was not going to help you any more ) Make a conversion option in the Mayors house to turn current event resources and a few herbs and barrels into `last event' resources so players have the option to upgrade fully those event buildings. IF as you say they are `Balanced' what difference will it make? Even do it as a one off to pour oil on troubled waters, do it or do something else but doing nothing and you will deserve the contempt that will be coming back at you ;(
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread