Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbratg View Post
    Answer on the Dutch server from BB:

link to post:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.nl/t...ll=1#post43100
    This confirms to me that this was not a mistake - but it actually was fraud. How stupid can you be - We should be able to trust the values they give in the dev diary.

If those values are not what shows in merchant, what they should do - and not wait weeks but put right , right away, would be to change the values in merchant and everywhere else to the values prmised in the dev diary.

At this point it is not about what was intended, but what they promised us. Just as a cumstomer in a shop who see and add expect that this is the price that item cost. No way are they going to accept that it cost 3 times as much or last 1/4 of the time (toyfactory). No where in IRL do they treat cumstomers like this. And as others said - what would it cost them to treat people with a little more respect - really nothing at all. If they did - what they would get back is something that they really have very little left of- and therefor should appreciate - and that is respect back. I have none left.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    This confirms to me that this was not a mistake - but it actually was fraud.
    Thats a bit over the top. I understand you are angry and rightfully so. The way this is being handeled is far from player friendly nor gives the benefit of the doubt to the playerbase for a mistake they have made.

Was the mistake the description on the item or the coding of the price- who really knows. But the level of proof for fraude is a bit higher than this here message on the dutch server stating it was a fault in text- Even then, if there was no intent to mislead or deceive for profit from BB that doesnt constitutes fraude, just stupidity and lack of quality control and a basic misunderstanding of their playerbase.

Simply put, when u piss em off, fix it if it was due to your mistake - This was due to their mistake and a simple : it works as intended oopsie we made a typo in about 5 different posts/boxes just won;t do and neither does the tactic of "investigating it" till it is too late and then ignore it

Fessing up with a fix would have made everyone happy and really wouldnt cost BB anything except pixels and a few bytes in the database. Happy players would be more inclined to stay and -god forbid- buy gems. Pissed off players sure won't

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    It's just more communication issues. I really don't understand how they can be this incompetent, they were nowhere near this bad a couple of years ago, I wish we knew more about how the internal development team is structured so maybe the incompetence could make more sense.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they cut out quality control :P

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    You might say "what economy" but I think they didn't want to send us the presents/grout or whatever because maybe it will hurt the economy.

On top of that, if we were able to send proof of owning the wondrous residences to the support and based on that we would get the refunds or the presents/grout needed, hundreds of players, they would probably hate the hassle of refunding us lol

Or at this point, who knows, probably the support staff also works on developing the game and there's no separate teams so again more hassle for them so they just lie about forgetting to edit some text.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    still the easy fix is the one they use all the time, send everyone some cookies/presents or whatever as compensation, maybe send us all a regular wonderous would do the trick :P

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Sad that they would screw over newer players like this instead of actually fixing an obvious error

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    another blunder by the dev team and lack of communication from BB who STILL hasnt said what was on the other forum, thank gawd there is other forums to keep us upto date.

Like previous post its not good for new players at all and will no doubt put them off, maybe thats the plan, who knows.

Makes me wonder who exactly is working in the dev team, if anyone, do they know what they are doing (might have already answered that question).

If I performed like this at my work place I would have been sacked ages ago.
    Last edited by Peterh445; 10.01.22 at 15:59.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    + 1

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Where are the granite from colonies, I sent for expedition more than 100 explorers, but non-granite are found

Reply to Thread