Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

World
    Northisle
    Anyone who expected to pay just 3,495 presents for a wondrous residence and not have to pay a considerable amount of presents and grout to fully upgrade has either never played an event in the past 3 years or is being wilfully and obtusely naive.

It was very easy to get presents this event and until now the game was awash with grout. Something had to be done to restore the value of the resource before it became as worthless as everything else. You can't have a game where one resource, oil, is priceless and everything else is totally worthless. If you ran out of presents you can still upgrade the wondrous winter residence to a very useful building with 350 population and then either wait until next year or pay gems to get to L8. I honestly don't believe that anyone bought all three buildings so late in the event that they didn't get a chance to upgrade any of them. If you are short of grout to get to L12, just be patient - there were plenty of ways to get it during the event, most especially in the PH

So BB made a mistake in a description. It doesn't mean anyone is entitled to extravagant compensation. You're not supposed to be able to buy EVERYTHING in EVERY event.

In short, this is a very tedious and whiny thread. Some people need to get some perspective.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    We could also have been lucky, all the recent fixes have broken more than they fixed. If they did anything other than nothing then it would have likely caused even more issues.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    . Some people need to get some perspective.
    I hope you included yourself.

Although you are right that presents were plentiful at least for old players (not sure about new ones with few explorers) and we would probably not complain that much about the cost itself, there's no point bashing players for complaining about the game owner deceiving them with false info and instead of offering apology afterwards and sorting the issue quickly they spend some 2 to 3 weeks "looking into it" and then come up way too late with this possibly very questionable "excuse".

Get your perspective right man.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 13.01.22 at 10:04.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, it is a clear mistake as now this is the only wonderous that has a more expensive upgrade cost for lvl compared to lvl 9

It might be whiney but that is because BB made a mess of this whole thing by sitting on it for 2 weeks and then come with a convenient solution that still doesnt make sense except that next year we most likely will have a different price for the upgrade as it will be "rebalanced"

The problem isn;t the cost of the upgrade but the blantant treatment of players. They made a mistake- either in descriptions (in various places) or coding. They then decide to kick the can down the road and hope the problem goes away. Of course it doesnt really and hence we are where we ware.

Do not blame the playerbase for stupid decicions on the part of BB, the fact is that stupid decisions get irritated (or worse) reactions

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    From 2020 - 21 dev diary:

WONDEROUS WINTER RESIDENCE
    Description: A freezing bastion against winter cold. Could someone please get a heating engineer? This beautiful and unique winter residence is a must under every Christmas Tree. Requires 1000 presents to fully upgrade this beauty! Houses 140 Population at the start, up to 650 once fully upgraded.
    Star Menu: Goes back to your Star Menu when demolished. Loses upgrade levels when teared down as usual.
    Limit: 3x per Event
    Price: 3495 presents
    Tradable: No
    Giftable: No

So, in 2021 - 22, there was a rebalancing we are told.

Did the explorers find more presents per our of search this year? NO
    Was there an increased way to get presents from quests etc? NO
    Were the presents available for less for gems? NO

I am intrigued, therefore, as to what was being rebalanced.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post

I am intrigued, therefore, as to what was being rebalanced.
    Now don't all fall off your chairs and hurt yourselves, as this might come across as me defending BB ( Wash your mouths out )
    I'm pretty sure when you compare other event wonderous residence's you see that in the previous event the cost was somewhat cheap, and this was the `mistake'. The rebalancing was to put it right and in line with the other Event WR. ( Not saying they got it right though )
    In true BB style in correcting one mistake they made another! You can not call them inconsistent
    Does this mean they have handled it correctly? Of course not. Is it because they are working so hard to fix the game and this is a minor distraction that the player base will forget about it as soon as the next event comes along....No and probably ( Although expect several sarcastic comments on the release of the next event dev diary Lol ) Will they fix it? Why would they? it is not broken! LMAO After all these years cousin Theodor may come to the rescue and find a stack of resources to soften the blow, but don't expect it to be `balanced'. Old Theodor always takes his share.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Now don't all fall off your chairs and hurt yourselves, as this might come across as me defending BB ( Wash your mouths out )
    I'm pretty sure when you compare other event wonderous residence's you see that in the previous event the cost was somewhat cheap, and this was the `mistake'. The rebalancing was to put it right and in line with the other Event WR. ( Not saying they got it right though )
    In true BB style in correcting one mistake they made another! You can not call them inconsistent
    Does this mean they have handled it correctly? Of course not. Is it because they are working so hard to fix the game and this is a minor distraction that the player base will forget about it as soon as the next event comes along....No and probably ( Although expect several sarcastic comments on the release of the next event dev diary Lol ) Will they fix it? Why would they? it is not broken! LMAO After all these years cousin Theodor may come to the rescue and find a stack of resources to soften the blow, but don't expect it to be `balanced'. Old Theodor always takes his share.
    is this sarcasm ??? - If they are working hard to fix it - then I am really worried - because then I doubt they will succeed anytime during the next 20 years. Every time they fix something they seem to make at least one new bug. Every time they introduce something new - one or more old bugs reappear. The game has not been balanced since they introduced the YGG . - Just a lame way to pretend they did "Look into it" Instead I fear someone is either laughing at how easy that was handled or - maybe they don't really care.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    Anyone who expected to pay just 3,495 presents for a wondrous residence and not have to pay a considerable amount of presents and grout to fully upgrade has either never played an event in the past 3 years or is being wilfully and obtusely naive.

It was very easy to get presents this event and until now the game was awash with grout. Something had to be done to restore the value of the resource before it became as worthless as everything else. You can't have a game where one resource, oil, is priceless and everything else is totally worthless. If you ran out of presents you can still upgrade the wondrous winter residence to a very useful building with 350 population and then either wait until next year or pay gems to get to L8. I honestly don't believe that anyone bought all three buildings so late in the event that they didn't get a chance to upgrade any of them. If you are short of grout to get to L12, just be patient - there were plenty of ways to get it during the event, most especially in the PH

So BB made a mistake in a description. It doesn't mean anyone is entitled to extravagant compensation. You're not supposed to be able to buy EVERYTHING in EVERY event.

In short, this is a very tedious and whiny thread. Some people need to get some perspective.
    I'm sorry to tell you, but you're talking nonsense

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i agree, if they want to rebalance the game then do it right and across the board - not this failed attempt at something (and i doubt they were rebalancing, more they were whitewashing)

If a rebalance is in order, it will have to go a lot further than presents and grout to be effective

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Considering the calendar was handing out random rewards (3x prestigious friend buff vs 3x kitty lure) I don't think balance has anything to do with it. More likely either a dart board or a random number generator is used.

Reply to Thread