Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I know what you responded to. And can you, instead of just stating obvious, kindly give us those details for this specific case, as I have already asked you before? Ty.
    I think that's what all this debate is about. You did not give a good explanation in timely manner, and you have not given one still. Giving future promises instead of providing proper answer here and now will be viewed as an excuse, I'm sure you are aware of that. So why don't you just dispel our doubts by giving us proper data?
    Funny I was going to say that exact same thing That hole just keeps getting deeper, much more and they may require an Australian visa ...hope Trafffer is fully vaccinated.
    I'll get the pop corn
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    I really like how sometimes players think there is a special tactic, conspiracy, code or whatever in my posts

I know most players take my posts very seriously and sometimes they think that everything I post has a secondary meaning or secret message. I was responding to lordloocan post in which he discussed the changes and I wanted to give him a wider perspective on explorers, but that doesn't mean the balance was made just/or for that reason alone.

In the future, if we balance any prices, I will try to provide more details, so everyone will be able to see the reason.
    Ok, so what you are saying is that the question re number of explorers was in fact a distraction. in that case it takes us back to the question of what was being rebalanced?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really like how sometimes players think there is a special tactic, conspiracy, code or whatever in my posts

I know most players take my posts very seriously and sometimes they think that everything I post has a secondary meaning or secret message. I was responding to lordloocan post in which he discussed the changes and I wanted to give him a wider perspective on explorers, but that doesn't mean the balance was made just/or for that reason alone.

In the future, if we balance any prices, I will try to provide more details, so everyone will be able to see the reason.
    Well we know it is - so why just stop it and be honest instead. We all know it was not about balance. Someone made a typo, who cares if it was in the resources required or in dev dairy. Someone did not want to spent xmas fixing it somehow, and BB never wanted to admit anything, always was a preferred tactic to put a lame excuse. So that is what you did ,- but this time 3 weeks late and so lame that no one believes it. You then started muddling things up even more, when people very logically ask, what it was that was balanced, since peoples number of explorers was an issue, and we did not get that many times more explorers in a year.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Someone did not want to spent xmas fixing it somehow
    Fixing such typo is somewhere between a minute and five.

Deploying it, assuming codebase isnt a complete mess and modern tools are being used, is between 5 minutes and maybe an hour (possibly more depending on the levels of beaurocracy).

If it takes weeks to come up with any actual info, thats a strong indicator not that it takes alot of work, but that, from the management perspective, any work on this particular project is dropped until higher priorities are sorted out.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    As a "newish" player (1st xmas event), I went with was written in the desc of the item.
    Its noway I could get the present count that was the actually cost to upgrade it further, I simply do not have enough explorers yet.
    I did my calc on the info that was given, if I did know what I do know now I could have spent my presents more wisely.

sure I could hvae ask my hubby for it,but I like to carry my own.

When reading this thread it seems to me that this happens often, meh I dunno if this is the game for after all.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromby View Post

When reading this thread it seems to me that this happens often, meh I dunno if this is the game for after all.
    If 3 times in 9 years is often, then yes... it's often.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromby View Post
    As a "newish" player (1st xmas event), I went with was written in the desc of the item.
    Its noway I could get the present count that was the actually cost to upgrade it further, I simply do not have enough explorers yet.
    I did my calc on the info that was given, if I did know what I do know now I could have spent my presents more wisely.

sure I could hvae ask my hubby for it,but I like to carry my own.

did you manage to buy all explorers tho?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Settlers,

We heard your comments about the upgrade costs of the winter residence.
    The upgrade costs of 4500 presents and 4500 grout for the Winter residence are balanced as intended for this event. However we read all your feedback and will take this info into account for the re-balancing of the next event.

Kind regards,
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team
    Apparently no change this year

Reply to Thread