Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    In my country we say: The thief and the liar are happy in the first year

Αnd to me, that's both cheating and lying
    Last edited by Loukoulos; 08.01.22 at 07:16.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    I upgraded mine already. There won't be a fix within time anyway if they not bothered so far.

And I still got over 7000 presents left over and bought and upgraded everything so meh, of all the issues the game has can't be donkeyed with this one.

If you can't afford the upgrades shouldn't be getting them in the first place.

Is there some issue with the grout am not aware of too?
    yes, instead of 1k that too is 4,5k

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Answer on the Dutch server from BB:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Sious View Post
    Dear players,

We understand that the level 8 upgrade cost of the Wonderous Winter Residence caused a lot of confusion. The cost has been updated this year. Sadly, the description in the event shop was not adjusted accordingly. Thus, there won't be any adjustments this year for the upgrade costs of this building.

Our apologies for the confusion. We will definitely take this into consideration in the future.

Regards,
    BB_Sious
    link to post:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.nl/t...ll=1#post43100
    Last edited by bigbratg; 08.01.22 at 10:29. Reason: adding link

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Well, at least one BB found out for us.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it is the standard reply on a fubar

The explanation doesnt wash as now lvl 8 upgrade is more expensive than the lvl 9 one and the lvl 10 one so they deliberately intorduce that illogical imbalance?

It is more the expanation fitting with the reason not to fix it nor to admit it was a coding error, instead they blame the guy typing in the data instead- guess he is billy nomates in the department

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    i can see they forgot the merchant - but this a cheap way out because the dev diary states also the lower costs

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_turtle View Post
    i can see they forgot the merchant - but this a cheap way out because the dev diary states also the lower costs
    They have done this a few times now. It's easier to say that dev diary is wrong then to adjust in-game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes it is the easy cop out and as stated previously - used multiple times int he past already

it is weak but not much we can do about it except vote with feet - which this bug is nog big enough for but it does add to the weight on the scales and eventually it will tip over

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    It is more the expanation fitting with the reason not to fix it nor to admit it was a coding error, instead they blame the guy typing in the data instead- guess he is billy nomates in the department
    Numerical values like this is not a coding issue, since, unless you deliberately try to violate all normal code practices, they should not be used in code.

This issue is literally about one guy doing exactly what he was told, by someone who had no clue that that guy should type in.
    Last edited by sparkz; 09.01.22 at 17:54.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh my BB, you had such an opportunity to restore a tiny bit of goodwill after treating the community like chumps for a year and a half.
    One mail, the resources to upgrade, that would have cost you nothing, with a note saying "sorry, we made a mistake, have these, we'll try to be better". People wold have been talking about how good that was, discussing BB in a positive light for the first time in ages, and you absolutely blew it.

You don't care about the game, you don't care about doing a good job, you don't care about your own professionalism and you don't give a single solitary **** about the players (and every single one of them a potential customer).

However, very well done for delivering yet another straw to the already fully laden camels.

Reply to Thread