Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondrous Winter Residence (2021)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Considering the calendar was handing out random rewards (3x prestigious friend buff vs 3x kitty lure) I don't think balance has anything to do with it. More likely either a dart board or a random number generator is used.
    actually wanna get an answer on how they managed to give us those "random" rewards and how they got there when they even specified this is an upgraded calendar

not to mention the other door where you get either university or improved deerstalker (maybe other stuff too?)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it is "rebalanced" you get punished for someone elses luck in the past- very fair indeed :P

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    From 2020 - 21 dev diary:

WONDEROUS WINTER RESIDENCE
    Description: A freezing bastion against winter cold. Could someone please get a heating engineer? This beautiful and unique winter residence is a must under every Christmas Tree. Requires 1000 presents to fully upgrade this beauty! Houses 140 Population at the start, up to 650 once fully upgraded.
    Star Menu: Goes back to your Star Menu when demolished. Loses upgrade levels when teared down as usual.
    Limit: 3x per Event
    Price: 3495 presents
    Tradable: No
    Giftable: No

So, in 2021 - 22, there was a rebalancing we are told.

Did the explorers find more presents per our of search this year? NO
    Was there an increased way to get presents from quests etc? NO
    Were the presents available for less for gems? NO

I am intrigued, therefore, as to what was being rebalanced.
    Out of curiosity, could you please tell me how many explorers you had during the 2020 event and how many did you have during the 2021 event? I am asking about the one you have, not the one available in the event.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Out of curiosity, could you please tell me how many explorers you had during the 2020 event and how many did you have during the 2021 event? I am asking about the one you have, not the one available in the event.
    I'll bet not 4 times as many.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It's irrelevant, why increase the supply and then adjust all the prices to cancel out the increased supply? When the level 6 + 7 upgrades were added, were all the upgrade prices increased accordingly? Would it seem fair if they were? What is the point in having upgrades if a rebalance is needed to cancel out the upgrades?

What about new players? They have no access to all these explorers, but they are dumped on with these higher prices.

There are probably less extra explorers than you think, there were less available for event resources (but more for gems), a lot of the "packs" were broken and capped at 0 available without being fixed. I got about 10 extra explorers last year.

From my perspective, this event isn't too bad. Sending explorers is much easier than spamming the same adventure 1234 times. If there was a similar price increase in the harder events then it would sting a lot more, especially when the adventure based events have to be played for most with the unplayable unity client (for people who actually play, not people who sit in chat and never do adventures).

World
    Sandycove
    Trafffer, sorry but that is so wrong to even think about that justification. The moment you start penalising long term players for the things that long term game play has awarded them, and make that an excuse to `re-balance' then the game is finished. How does that saying go? "If you find yourself in a deep hole of your own making. If you want to get out it's best if you stop digging!"
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    not only the long-time players even new starters can't afford WWRs because of the extrem rise of upgrade cost

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Trafffer are you just playing rhetorical games with us, or is this for real? I guess you will have some idea how much explorer power increased for a long term player between Christmas 2020 and 2021. Was it 20 %, or 50 %? Certainly not as much as double, right? So are you telling us that small percentage increase in explorer power was used to justify +350 % increase in cost? And how does that even relate to grout? Have the explorers brought that much more grout? Can't see much point in your question other then trying to provoke Lordloocan. And that's not even talking about the messy way the whole thing was administered. Give us some credit Trafff, we don't expect miracles from you, but there are some intelligent people here who would appreciate real answers that can be justified with reason. So instead of playing these word games why don't you just give us the math behind this thingy, if there is any? I think it would do whole lot more good.

And while you are at it, try to explain why it took nearly 3 weeks of "looking into it" before you came up with an answer which hardly anybody takes seriously, and why, if that was planned balancing, it somehow did not get neither to DD, nor to Merchant description.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 14.01.22 at 16:39.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    What does that have to do with it ????????? You post a price in dev diary- then you decide to go by another price - and that is done because some players have many explorers ? . So if you sell cars - you can also decide to raise the price 6 times if the customer is know to be a rich man ? What planet do you come from ?

It all comes down to one thing - If you post a price - then that is the price that counts - so people know what they are buying - anything else is just a lot of words I cant write because of pegi7.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the whole balancing purposes excuse is a cover-up story to hide the fact that they messed up badly. The issue was reported on several regional forums and for example on the German it was confirmed to be looked at after 2 days of event launch and was given an issue ID of 24339. It took around 3 weeks to "get" the info that it was a simple "balance" change.

I dont remember a single balancing change like this in the history of this game. It targets a single building, is instantly 4.5x the previous upgrade cost, affects multiple resources and affected just that one upgrade level. It just does not make sense from a balance design perspective. A regular balance change would have increased the original building price with/without the upgrade cost change and in terms of other resources it could/would have been distributed to affect multiple levels and possibly resources.

BB_Trafffer mentioning the explorers also makes no sense as in the past explorer related "balancing" has been fine tuning aka nerf the amount of event resources the explorers bring. It's even been said as the reason for in the past years by BB on the German/test server forums.

BB was most likely unable to find a waterproof refund solution due lack of logs or info of upgrades/purchases of current and past years or it would have required too much effort to update all servers and do/run refund scripts before event ends.

The actual fix for the cost would literally have been a change to 2 lines in the file that defines costs.

Reply to Thread