Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: northisle log in

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SISSISISS View Post
    I just started play that game. Why they offered use Northisle when it's overloaded or have many problems? Just sad, I had a few weeks... And not a word about that what is happening on the main page? I'm very confused!?
    Sadly that seems to be how UBISOFT/BlueByte prefer to operate. If they are doing any planning, nothing is ever shared. Perhaps they are a little shy about keeping us informed as the last vague thing they published which resembled a timeline was when they gave us a roadmap of moving to Unity late last year (2020) which painted the picture we'd all be on a fully functional Unity BEFORE Easter (2021)....

TSO was a great game under Flash, but I think as the Flash devs disappeared, the problems increased and the game already had various bits broken (such as the guild vote) before the conversion which started years too late. The diehard players are all hoping that BB can pull a rabbit out of a hat and amaze us all, but so far, it seems they are still looking for the hat!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    In my humble opinion, BlueByte was really good until the Ubisoft takeover, then it seems all went downhill.... Oh my poor miners (at level 6) with no buffs and probably running out of deposits - thats my biggest concern, not the presents.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SISSISISS View Post
    I just started play that game. Why they offered use Northisle when it's overloaded or have many problems? Just sad, I had a few weeks... And not a word about that what is happening on the main page? I'm very confused!?
    All worlds have problems with Unity. But it looks like Northisle has been hit even harder by the problem that arose Wednesday night.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hey Russell, it's the same here, been like that for a long time now.

~Mira~

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by noxidjkram View Post
    I know everyone on Northisle is frustrated, as am I, but I really appreciate BB_Trafffer and the team working to fix this and communicate with us.

Event like this are unexpected and are not easy to resource, especially over the festive period.

Thanks guys and gals.
    If this had happened last year I would have agreed - but judging by what has come from BB over the last year - I think it more probable that they are busy preparing for their new year celebration. Did not even have enough time to inform players by writing a note on login page, about the problems. Only here in thread the usual 'We are aware of the problem and looking into it - dont know when/if it will be fixed'

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    connection lost try later

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Saw some of the servers are coming back online, but Northisle is not one of them. It is just spamming authentication failures when I put a sniffer on it.
    What ever stunt they tried to pull yesterday afternoon took the whole platform down, and of course nothing on the home page or ay official posts on the English forums even saying they are aware of a problem and are working on it.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Yes, it is a global issue, other instances also have connection/loading problems. The technical team was informed yesterday and is working on the situation.
    This looks like a server script/CORS header problem to me. If so, maybe an hour's work to fix and test? Hard to believe this has been worked on since yesterday and still no fix. More likely it was reported yesterday but no-one with the right skills and permissions is available as they/he/she are on Christmas break.

Maybe whoever messed up Northisle messed a few other things up too as last evening the server was completely down then it started responding but failed to redirect.
    Last edited by king_g_; 30.12.21 at 14:37.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by king_g_ View Post
    This looks like a server script/CORS header problem to me. If so, maybe an hour's work to fix and test? Hard to believe this has been worked on since yesterday and still no fix. More likely it was reported yesterday but no-one with the right skills and permissions is available as they/he/she are on Christmas break.

Maybe whoever messed up Northisle messed a few other things up too
    Unless a code change has been made, then this is not the issue? BB hasn't mentioned any code changes.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hotfix? Disc failure and rebuild? Server rebalancing? Lots of possible things

It's server code/script problem not game code surely
    Last edited by king_g_; 30.12.21 at 14:41.

Reply to Thread