Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Possible to attack with less than 20% losses?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I suggest that you find a guild to join if you are not already in one as they can help you with a lot of things including resources to help you move up the levels, best thing I ever did was join a guild as I would not have stayed with the the game. Find a good battle sim and use it to redo all your battle guides and don't forget to review as you acquire more gens and access to new troops.
    In the lower levels it is a slow grind as you build your capabilities so slow and steady is the best approach, after all you are learning how the game works.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    You can send multiple generals to a camp. Anything killed stays dead, health regens to full though so this won't work for killing bosses.

If you get the first aid skill on a general then you can chip away at some camps by sending a single unit to kill one enemy unit and the first aid skill will save that one unit. It takes a very long time since you have to wait for the general to recover, but it is very efficient since you don't lose any units at all (as long as that one unit can actually kill another enemy unit). It does come in handy if you are having to wait for units to be produced and your generals would otherwise be sat idle.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Usermaatre View Post
    (unless you can find 1500 magic beanstalks...?)
    They come cheap as beans are cheap and production is easy and plentifull with PFB/Lovetree combo

best post a trade yourself in trade office to buy em and hope for a few fair players to pick em up

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    1500 beanstalks was a big ask yrs ago, but any decent guild will help u with that nowadays. as i remember once u get past the tutorial its a very slow grind until u get to do adventures then the brakes are off again, so stick with it. in no time at all u'll be laughing at how easy it would be for u to clear ur island over again.

level up ur barracks as high as u can. u wont need a guild for this, just offer 1 fish for whatever resources u need and put a post in trade channel. some1 will buy it

its actually (probably accidentally) a great learning curve. U'll learn to manage ur island very efficiently at this stage and then move on to bigger and better battles
    Last edited by vigabrand; 28.01.22 at 09:27.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The game quickly becomes boring if a high level player ends up doing everything for you though.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i wasn't suggesting they "do it for you"

on the open market, prices for stalks are in the easy reachable levels for mid level players so the non gem licenses are easy to get

As a matter of fact, with the exelsior quests giving gems, it is easy enough to get the 625 gems for 10 licenses as well

The challenges are different from when the game was launched but all very much in reach on your own power

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    You can send multiple generals to a camp.
    Misleading since its not what OP was asking about.

You cant send multiple generals to a camp in any way they will support each other, only one will fight at the time.

But you need something like 200 elite soldiers to give you a decent chance of victory against some camps
    You dont, you just have to choose right units. RIght now your mindset is you couldnt open a can of beans with a hammer, so youre looking for a bigger hammer instead of a can opener.

Provide the details of the fight you find hard and I can explain all of it to you
    Last edited by sparkz; 28.01.22 at 16:29.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Finally took out Wild Mary this morning, and interestingly enough that was one case where I used quite a different combo to what was suggested in the guides, based on what units I still had left and what the combat sim suggested. I went with 30R, 60S and 110LB, which resulted in fewer losses than what the guide suggestions hinted at and I was basically able to train them up in the time it took the general to recover. But the number of units sacrificed along the way in total was still extraordinarily high, and if it weren't for the ability to churn out settlers quickly with the provision house (retired bandits and/or travelling families), it would have taken weeks longer to produce all the units necessary! (even with the Sip from the Kettle buff, population growth is painfully slow - it should be exponential!)
    At some point I'll move onto the adventures and other colonies, but I'm hoping I can level up enough (still only 32) to be able to train up decent enough units to avoid future suicide missions.
    Last edited by Usermaatre; 11.02.22 at 02:53.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Ooh, didn't think of that. I did actually buy a second general and never used it in the end!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    "just offer 1 fish for whatever resources u need and put a post in trade channel. some1 will buy it" - I noticed a few offers like that, I assumed it was to complete some quest that required selling x of something (I generally ignored such quests, didn't seem worth the reward!). Then I worried it was something that was meant for someone else...but I took them up anyway! (to clarify, these were trade offers where the "cost" was 1 fish, in exchange for 100s or even 1000s of some useful resource. But yeah, I'd noticed the opposite sort too, again had assumed it was part of some private arrangement...)
    Last edited by Usermaatre; 11.02.22 at 05:24.

Reply to Thread