Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 weeks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

5 weeks

When is next update/maintenance?
    Last edited by Niclin; 16.01.22 at 04:46.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    when BB exchanges the event currency that's left into coins.
    If last time is any indication, it could take some time...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the regualr schedule is to combine the deactivation scripts with the implementation of the next event, so 1 week before start of valentine event would be my guess

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Okay thank you

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Settlers,

I know we were a bit quiet but this was mainly due to an event that ended recently. During events, we usually do not plan to implement new updates. The development team was constantly working on future updates.

We will start this year with the Database Maintenance, which will take place tomorrow, and more news will follow soon.

I'd also like to refer to the "new" Settlers game that some of you may have heard of:

"The Settlers" and "The Settlers Online" are two different games, and each game has its own independent teams working on them. Both games will run simultaneously.

Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 26.01.22 at 15:45.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why do this tread that has a title that says nothing get to stay, and the original tread that has a more telling title get closed by the simple remark "duplicate"
    This again looks to me like censorship. Why not simply merge the treads as was done in the past, and why not keep the one that has a title that tells what it is about ?????????????. Sorry - 5 weeks was there first - one day. But still.
    The fact that there is 2 might be telling you something?
    I might make a tread with the title [B"]4 years"[/B] - because it is that long time ago we started to ask for solution on the flash issue, and we still have not had one.
    And no - Unity is not the solution - it does not work - and who honestly believe after around 10 month that it will ever work right?
    Last edited by Urd123; 26.01.22 at 17:24.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Why do this tread that has a title that says nothing get to stay, and the original tread that has a more telling title get closed by the simple remark "duplicate"
    Simply because that's the first thread. The other two threads contain the same "topic" but were created after it. Both are public with a link to this thread so if anyone wants to add something he can do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    This again looks to me like censorship. Why not simply merge the treads as was done in the past, and why not keep the one that has a title that tells what it is about ?????????????. Sorry - 5 weeks was there first - one day. But still.
    Again? Could you please show some examples from the past? I have never merged threads, I always close duplicates with a link to the "main" thread. The threads are not deleted or archived, they are still available for reading, but simply the discussion is redirected to one place.

I'd love to keep the topic of the thread in the discussion instead of creating off-topics so if you want to talk about moderation or have any suggestions you can always open a new thread or contact me directly.

I also want to answer a few questions that I have seen around:

This is database maintenance, so this downtime will not contain any fixes as it focuses on database adjustments. There will be a regular update with bug fixes, but more details on that later.

Reply to Thread