Reply to Thread

Thread: another gem sale, yaaawwwnnn

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

another gem sale, yaaawwwnnn

what seems like a very long time ago there was outrage at the first gem sale in unity and we were told that it was automated and altho in bad taste not much bb could do about it. well the game is still a long way from being enjoyable on unity and here we are still being offered gem sales (out of events). so is it still automated and u seriously cant put a hold on it, or were u just (as i suspect) lieing to us?

I dont even object to the idea of buying gems with the game in the state its in. i do object to spending money when i don;t even know if the game is ever going to get back to playable status. u tell us it will, but u tell lies so i'll go on my own judgement.

so no thank you, i will not be partaking of your gem sale until i am satisfied the game is going to get back to its old self, or hopefully even better than before.

sry bb. i know this post is a bit harsh, but i'm just telling u how i and probably many others feel about gems atm.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they probably dont think it warrants someone to adapt the automated scripts for some reason- But seeing we are in for the long haul on fixes, it is probably better to not slap the players in the face every few weeks or if u wish, at least make em x3 - not that it will get me buying gems anytime soon though- the state the game is in, doesnt really warrant spending money imo

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Totally agree with you. If they want to keep TSO alive they should fix the only problem I can think of with stand alone version ( the Excelsior ) and then revert to it. Unity seems to be a dead duck. At least we would be able to play at more than the very, vert basic level that we can now.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The in-game shop is available all the time, and gem sales are optional. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to - but there may be players looking for these extra gems. This is similar to a thread where some players want us to stop running events until the technical issues are resolved. I understand how important events are to players, but as a player, I would like to have a choice: whether I want to participate in the event or not.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    cant really argue with that Traff. Yes we do have a choice, but sometimes things like gem sales are so disheartening when we all know what an amazingly brilliant game settlers was just a short time ago.

thx for the reply

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yet Again Happy Hour
    Why ?

Instead of so many Happy Hour why not make the limited offer of 125% the normal ?

Players would then be getting value for money, BB would make money

Win - Win

So expensive after the increase and having Happy Hour so many times defeats the object of offering double gems because of the cost

Yes, more gems but the price puts people off

Just my thoughts

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    if bb offered this price all the time how would they cover the production costs? what r gems made of anyway? u never know they may already be selling them at a loss!

Reply to Thread