Closed Thread

Thread: When will we get an update.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

When will we get an update.

The last update/change log we got was on 14th December 2021, is the any plans to inform us what if anything is/has been fixed or are we to assume that the fixes are still being worked on. a short message on the log on page once a week is not too much to ask for but leaving it for over 6 weeks makes it appear that BB have given up.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    they will say soon...

which is true

But the last year ot so their schedule is highly predictable: 1 week before start of the next event will be the need for technical implementation of the event. At the same time they will run the scripts to finalize the previous event (mainly deleting hidden resources and converting stuff and hopefully taking out the code as well) and they use the same package to also push the next batch of bugfixes, game improvements and new bugs to the live servers

So - seeing they most likely will start valentine 1 week before the 14th, i expect announcement of maintenance by friday and maintenance to be around 31 or 1st. If it isnt, then it will 90% sure be the week after (i cant see BB starting valentine event after valentine has been done and dusted again, but you never know)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    The only update on short notice will soon be the installation of Valentine event and script of conversion.
    I don't see any changes on the testserver atm. Normally the next event will be implemented rather early to the test server. But no communication of any kind.

I think TSO is slowly dying... I hope i'm wrong.
    Probably all resources are working on the new Settlers 2022.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    that last one is a pretty safe bet

as to the other stuff, not all events get put on test or sometimes put so late that testing is pointless as any bugs found can never be fixed in time anymore.

The fact that apparently they are working on test architecture means they do not want to impact analysis by pushing new content on test (and we are hoping that the "work on test" means they are looking how to improve back end performance of the game by cycling through their batch of written off servers :P)

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Closed Thread