Reply to Thread

Thread: Server init failure? any one else

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Server init failure? any one else

been getting server int failure notice ever since unity started, only site or game I get this,hard to play game when constantly kicked, out not like its a live game, it is a slow game, do not want sit here staring at settlers page all day like to have it in the back ground while i do other stuff, but can not do this any more and with the very slow long loading times, seems like all I am doing is re-logging

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    my honest advice:

Ignore BB and install client as it seems your machine and your island are incompatible and even fixing unity for 90% of the poeple will still not help you enough

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I run diferent machins older and new couple of different internet suppliers, and this game is only one i have that problem
    Last edited by robblack1; 11.02.22 at 08:14.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Has done this since the game went to Unity. I used to have up to 4 worlds open at a time but now you are limited to 1 as the game does a refresh if you change tab or browser for more than a few minutes.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by robblack1 View Post
    I run diferent machins older and new couple of different internet suppliers, and this game is only one i have that problem
    I am only saying , if you cant run unity on your machine now, do not expect the improvements to make it playable. The inteface is a memory hog first class

It is not your setup that is the problem but the unity implementation they did. If your setup struggles badly now, it will keep struggling. I can run a test server setup on mine but not the live version as my island will just bog down unity

People visiting also have issues, not as many but still it is hard work.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Everytime I am using unity version instead of old client, the Chrome instance uses at least 2.5GB memory and 45 - 55% CPU power .... huuuuuuuge amounts
    Of course cooling fans start running as hell

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Can log into game with Unity ( old client also )..but then I only get spinning egg timer if any action been taken.
    Looks like end of game after 10 years my only hope now is Support... Re-installed game,. cleared cookies and cachet..even DNA clearing didn.t work.
    Tried different PC's. Hubby can play his game on my PC, but my acc don't play on any other PC
    It's as if I can.t reach server.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerina View Post
    Can log into game with Unity ( old client also )..but then I only get spinning egg timer if any action been taken.
    Looks like end of game after 10 years my only hope now is Support... Re-installed game,. cleared cookies and cachet..even DNA clearing didn.t work.
    Tried different PC's. Hubby can play his game on my PC, but my acc don't play on any other PC
    It's as if I can.t reach server.
    for client, make sure you have the last swf file posted else it wont work

Unity is just a basket case

Reply to Thread