Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't distinguish mined ore from deposit ore in trade office?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Can't distinguish mined ore from deposit ore in trade office?

Hi, I wanted to make an offer to buy gold ore deposit at the trade office, but the offer looks indistinguishable from one to buy already mined ore (even if you hover over the graphic to get the tooltip). Given the former is surely worth somewhat less than the latter, this would seem to be an important distinction, though I guess most players don't necessarily keep a stock of ore deposits, so are unlikely to see the offer unless they tick "Offers I can't afford". BTW the reason that's what I want to buy is that I need to mine a certain amount of ore for a quest, but my existing mine is running low, new mines are expensive and I'd rather avoid using gems to top it up (which I had been doing up till now, but running low on gems...don't support there's a good/reliable way to convert gold coins - which I have plenty of - into gems?)

(Actually I think I've since noticed that the icon background is *slightly* different, it has a gradient effect for the ore deposit, but not the ore itself. Seems misleadingly subtle...)
    Last edited by Usermaatre; 17.02.22 at 00:49.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    The two items look totally different. Gold ore deposit refills have a picture of a mine with a gold ore in front of it, the ore itself is just a picture of the ore with out the mine behind.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

difference deposit filling and mayor's house filling

Yet in trade trade mined iron ore is a square with iron in it and a mine filling is a square with iron in. The almost unseen/overlooked difference is that the ore mine filling, as does every other deposit filling has a colored line around the square.

On the left is the deposit filing whit the lining to the richt the filling for the mayor's house
    have fun trading.
    Last edited by katystrofe; 17.02.22 at 09:18.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Wow, not for me - is that using the old client? This is basically what I see:

https://imgur.com/SKbIlKj

(no idea why embedding an image isn't working...)
    Last edited by Usermaatre; 17.02.22 at 10:05.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    No just using the normal (https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play) website.

And using the old pictures as seen as in the star-menu are better en more informative.
    Last edited by katystrofe; 17.02.22 at 09:27.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    There are a few colors in use to differentiate the type of commodity

If there are more colors in use feel free to add them

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry that was in reply to DorotheusII who implied the icons were very different with pictures of mines etc.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    So many lols, what kind of design decision was this BB?

Reinforces my belief that the people who build the game don't actually play the game. Give the team the day off and have them actually play the damn game.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    BTW it's worse than that, because I just tried to place an offer to sell coins for *mined* copper ore, and it was most definitely showing the icon for "copper ore deposit" on the "offer" screen. I tried it several times and it was consistent, but after confirming the offer, once it appeared on the trade offer list, it showed the correct icon.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    haven't used Trade Office since I got tricked by BB earlier this winter, I take it the symbols are still mixed up and identical wether its the symbol for mine or deposit.

Sigh.

Reply to Thread