Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjust the way premium days work

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Adjust the way premium days work

Can these be made to stack? My star menu is slowly becoming clogged with 1 day tokens.

I can see 2 approaches, either make 1,3,7,30,etc have a stack each or convert all tokens into single day tokens so they all sit in one big stack.

This would reduce how much scrolling is needed in the star menu to get beyond all the 1 day tokens, but it would also open up the option to allow more than one token to be used at the same time. Instead of having to use 14 tokens one at a time, you would use premium tokens and there would be a slider+text box to select exactly how many you want to use.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    It has been decided in the past, that this will not be done.
    Main reason was to be able to just activate 1 day.
    They work differently then other 'resources'.
    When you would click on the pile, they would all get activated. You would not be able to select just the 1 day.
    The slider you speak of was deemed not possible.
    Last edited by copycat71; 22.02.22 at 22:37.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I don't think so, the slider already exists if you take any resources from the star menu and drop them on the mayors house.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Read my comment: Premium days are different to other resources!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by copycat71 View Post
    Read my comment: Premium days are different to other resources!
    I don't see why it can't behave like other zone buffs (not resource!). That said, I'm not particularly bothered about this issue myself. I guess one solution is to actually use some of the premium days instead of hoarding them.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    all relevant and sensible replies except "i dont think so" this made me chuckle. are u a games programmer kortugo?

having said that, i do feel bb r too quick to say "it can't be done." this is either lazyness or lack of programming experience/skills. I can't see any reason why any suggestions cannot be implemented even if it means a major rewrite.

These r my thoughts speaking as a high profile programmer for 25 yrs or so.

Maxman625
    Good idea

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxman625 View Post
    Good idea
    there are many good ideas

alas, most cost too much to implement according to BB- either in money or available programmer time and some even becasue it doesnt fit their concept of the game

but mostly it seems to be about that bottom line and availability of programming time

Reply to Thread