Reply to Thread

Thread: Game performance enhancement

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Game performance enhancement

Can we have an additional performance option that disables loading non-interactive objects (e.g. decorations) when visiting a friends island?

This would mean the game loading many fewer objects, and therefore would enhance performance.

Best,

Nox

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    This could perhaps be good but they are ignoring suggestions atm, they been trying to fix their game for years so even if a suggestion would be good they are ignoring most of them.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Nox, after experiencing map drawing issues in another game, which was cured by changing the game to render in OpenGL instead of DirectX, I tried the same with TSO.
    Changing Chrome's configuration was a disaster, after amending it to OpenGL the browser flatly refused to connect to the internet,citing all sorts of issues.
    However, reconfiguring Firefox did take, so I tried a couple of sessions to see if any differences could be seen in the obvious problem areas.
    Game loading was still horribly slow, although the progress bar was certainly quicker, as the island appeared, there was a notable improvement in drawing the "fixed" items like rocks and trees. The variable items such as buildings loaded just as poorly as before.
    The same was true with visiting friends' islands, still loads of zone refreshing and game hanging, but it never came to a dead stop as it has under DirectX, and even on the busiest islands, I never got the fatal crashes like script errors which was a bonus, but obviously this test was only over a couple of days, I might just have been lucky there. It was easier to return home though, clicking that button did respond more often than previously, and did not hang up on the "loading map" screen forever.
    The biggest improvement was the stability of the quest menu, quests completed 1st time and new ones appeared to take their place.
    However, overall performance was barely any better than standard, as altering the browser config is complicated and risky, it wasn't anywhere near worthwhile going through the process.

One of the best improvements for loading friends' islands would be to remove silly buffs like the fireworks/rain of flowers type enhancements, visiting anybody with one of those running you might as well switch of the computer and restart.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    but ppl want u to see their decos. i'd be very disappointed if u came to my isle and missed my love tunnel

Reply to Thread