Reply to Thread

Thread: What does the Observatory do?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

What does the Observatory do?

Hi settlers

(Sorry if this has been answered before - I searched the forum for an answer but didn't find anything...)

I am still unsure about what the Observatory actually does.

The description says it decreases travel time - which to my understanding would only be the time used for travelling from Home to Adventure Island (and vice versa).
    But then it also says "on Home and Adventure Island" which sounds a bit like it would also increase the movement speed of generals ON the islands.

Cheers
    Jandalos

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It reduces how long generals take to travel to adventures, a general that takes 10 minutes to move from the home island to an adventure would take 5 minutes with the 50% buff active.

The buff from it needs to be active before you start an adventure for it to be applied to it.

If you have the buff active, it applies to generals moving to adventures and returning to your home island.
    If someone else has the buff active (ie you join someone else's adventure) and you also have the buff active then it works the same as above.
    If someone else has the buff active, but you do not then the effect only applies for traveling to their adventures, the time taken for generals to return from these adventures will not be reduced.

It is most effective when doing a lot of short adventures. In some cases you can double the amount of adventures you can complete in the 2 hour window the buff runs for, which is very helpful when event resources come from these adventures.

As far as I am aware, it does not effect how fast generals move around the maps once they arrive.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Great, thanks for your help :-)

Reply to Thread