Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggermama View Post
    i thought I read that logging in via FB didn't happen anymore and all had to take a Ubi account ?

That's true. But I got reverted back to my Facebook log in by the system, so we exist. It's very, very weird cos I got ported across when they were removing all FB log ins. Why it went back? BB couldn't honestly tell me.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by The_A_CE View Post
    That's true. But I got reverted back to my Facebook log in by the system, so we exist. It's very, very weird cos I got ported across when they were removing all FB log ins. Why it went back? BB couldn't honestly tell me.
    Legacy Login was "disabled". Facebook login and Ubisoft login are still an option. However, you will not be able to make a purchase in our webshop if you use Facebook login to play.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    When is the Guild shop going to work again? I dutifully do most Guild quests & now have 24K Guild coins.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Be great if the fixes sorted the following as a starter:

Login from browser to game is too slow
    Actual game login showing a whole island is too slow
    Time for trades to arrive is too slow
    Time for buffs to show is too slow
    Time for a loot spot invite to appear is too long
    Time for adventures to show on the quest book/screen is too long
    Time taken for adventure map to appear when go there to make a kill is too long

Sort these rather than tinkering round the edges and you might be making progress.

P.S. Zone refresh will still happen as many/most players have more than one tab open and each time you leave the Unity tab it zone refreshes

World
    Sandycove
    please fix the flashing "guilds".
    It's me the guildleader of the greenisle warriors
    to join mail me in game or with private message ^_^

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/g...achmentid=4940

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    The following change was removed from this week update:

Performance: We have improved the background handling of the game, this should allow chat to reconnect after idling and reduce the amount of zone refreshes
    Based on feedback from the French instance, this change requires further testing before being deployed. We will revisit it another time.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    How about fixing it so we can actually sometimes log in in under 10 minutes? Although things are getting fixed, what is actually being done is worrying - more and more people are crashing when they try and visit my island - I cant even login through Unity any more
    Can we at least get the basics fixed..... please?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post

Based on feedback from the French instance, this change requires further testing before being deployed. We will revisit it another time.
    hurray!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am confused by the zone refresh change.
    This line is crossed out
    Performance: We have improved the background handling of the game, this should allow chat to reconnect after idling and reduce the amount of zone refreshes

Does that mean this it now fixed rather improved? or only adventures but not on the home island?
    Performance: Fixed an issue that caused frequent zone refreshes in adventures

thank you

Edit, missed today's update post that it was removed....
    Last edited by Graciethecat; 21.03.22 at 21:30.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post

So let me see if I understand the timeline.

You made a fix, you tested it, it worked as intended, you uploaded it to the french server, it didn't work as intended, it's now not going to be uploaded to the other servers until the code you tested and was working fine on the testing platform works on the live platform?
    or
    You made a fix, you didn't test it , you uploaded it to the french server, it didn't work as intended, it's now not going to be uploaded to the other servers until the code you didn't test works on the live platform?
    or
    some other timeline/excuse ?

Reply to Thread