Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Loading times are slightly faster for me.
    I would say there have been improvements since unity was launched, buffs show properly, mines show properly, all the broken upgrade icons are gone and you can see the online status of people so its a bit unfair to say nothing has been done.

I still find unity to be unusable however because:
    Too much freezing, every time the status box (item was collected, explorer sent, etc) in the top left appears I get a 1-2s pause, the frequent zone refreshes freeze everything too and reset any menus i had open.
    Clicking is unreliable, I can click to open a building to try and pause it and instead I will get a window asking me if I want to use premium time or some random resource will get stuck to my mouse like I clicked it in the star menu despite the star menu not even being open.
    The new trade window is stupid too, its half the height of the old one and all the resources are twice as tall per row so instead of showing 11 trades per page, it only shows 4 instead.
    It doesn't effect the gameplay, but all the graphics look like garbage too unless you disable autoscaling and set the game to 100% and then only use the most zoomed in view.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    About adventures:

I tried Ali Baba Young Woodcutter. So, "zone refreshed" is not four times per minute now, but still here. Little better.

Instead, I got 4x server disconnection and had to completely start the game again. Terrible.

Landing general is still stealing the focus if you have another general selected. Still terrible.

About home island:

Sending explorers is still terrible pain.

About near future:

What is BB plan for incoming easter event? Cancel it? Or to admit the epic fail and finally make client version of game officialy available*?

* it means there is no reason to download sources from different locations, but provide it with guide on BB site
    Milan

20th July 2021: TSO died with Unity. RIP.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Looks like they intend to push it, its on test already, first thing that happened javascript error on initial load and restart, plenty of eggs needed on plenty of new and old stuff by look on the event merchant, so usual, didnt check if some of new stuff is worth it yet.

Edit, after bought new building had to restart the game to be able to place it, after construction reached 99% all froze. Tried restart, but in wont load test anymore with that building placed, error message reads:
    Server Zone crashed
    An error was detected on this zone. Please try again.

And your testing is done, as it was same after about 3-4 restarts.
    Last edited by First_Lord; 25.03.22 at 19:25.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    At last an update that hasn't made the game play worse for me. The performance appears to be as good as it was before the October update, still a way to go to be as good as the flash client but a step in the right direction.
    I had to turn off shield icons above generals in adventure because they flicker too much.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    They have their own private server, unfortunately as it's local to them, it doesn't respond the way the live servers do, on there they are in happy-happy land as everything responds instantaneously, not subject to the vagaries of having to traverse the interweb.
    Sadly, as finally admitted to earlier in this post, the test server also does not respond in the same way as the live ones, which rather negates all our hard work testing out all this unity garbage, even if they did bother to read and comprehend our bug reports.
    I would suggest they actually try playing the game on here as we do for a couple of months to experience the real world, the BB's of old were fans of the game and actually had player accounts on here even if they had little time to play for fun, they were able to experience the same conditions we do.
    I would wager that if they did try to play on the live servers, we would have the client back in place inside of 2 weeks!

Unfortunately,wrong on both counts.
    The servers were not responding to our browsers, either by typing in the address bar, trying to access via Ubi$oft Connect, nor even via cached pages stored locally or online.
    Cheetah's "Service Status" screenshot above reflects what we were experiencing, the servers were not responding for a long period of time.

The loading time is worse, all that seems changed is the loading order, where it tries to load buildings first, then background.
    It is also running up the computer fans heavily, worse than before the update, and trying to send explorers is increasing that load, leading to the game freezing and zone refreshing, I am having to logout in order to let the computer cool down, clearly a backward step.
    And now experiencing an old "UPlay is unavailable" popup kicking me back out of server, another "blast from the past" that the update appears to have revived, like the irrelevant "collection challenge" quest item.
    Was not a "double post",these were answers to 2 separate problems and as arthritis makes inserting extra quotes a very painful experience, I answered each separately, also making it clearer which sub-topic was being replied to.
    Meddling with it has made it less clear, and lost important information regarding a new bug which is preventing both Northisle and Sandycove from loading properly (temporary solution is to use "private browsing" to access those 2 servers), and also the fact that sending explorers has got even worse, each send lags terribly, and triggers constant zone refreshes plus causes the computer fans to go into overdrive, so you have to logout after a time just to let it cooldown. The more explorers (and geos) you try to send in a session, the more laggy the process becomes,and computer overheats more.
    Last night, it took 14 hours just to send out explorers and do general stuff like find collectables across the 3 servers, this is no longer a game, it's an endurance test!
    No wonder BB have made zero progress in the past 15 months when bug reports are constantly altered, lost or moved to obscure sections of the forum.
    I know it's not nice seeing the constant criticism regarding the state of the game but hiding it helps nobody in the long run.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 26.03.22 at 03:17.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks alot for fixing the oil producing buildings -- now the game doesn't freez up anymore (for me)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Since this update, with Ryzen 7; 1650ti; 16GB, fans go crazy within 60 seconds. Never had that before.
    I've tried to embrace unity web client but it looks garbage, plays garbage and now consumes horrific resources.

Coming up to 5 years since flash eol, and nearly a year since unity.
    One day students will study this as a perfect example how to mess up a software platform migration while simultaneously alienating an entire passionate user base.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    or let em break the rules en masse and have few issues

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceDuPont View Post
    Since this update, with Ryzen 7; 1650ti; 16GB, fans go crazy within 60 seconds. Never had that before.
    I've tried to embrace unity web client but it looks garbage, plays garbage and now consumes horrific resources.

Coming up to 5 years since flash eol, and nearly a year since unity.
    One day students will study this as a perfect example how to mess up a software platform migration while simultaneously alienating an entire passionate user base.
    Yes, moment you hit the "Play Now" button, fans start revving up and even typing in chat box seems to cause computer stress.
    Cooked a well tuned i7 based Alienware, home built 8 core Sledgehammer with 32Gb RAM in a huge case with powerful cooling fans keeps going but makes enough noise to drown out aircraft noise fromthe local airport, nothing else has even spun up the fans onthose 2 machines apart from one other Unity game from 2014 (also Ubi$oft and also where bug reports were ignored then deleted just before its re-release).
    Now reverted to an older i5 which seems to handle stress better than i7s, and which can also be throttled back before things become too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    or let em break the rules en masse and have few issues
    Wouldn't need to "break the rules" if official client was reinstated.
    Should have been obvious from the bug reports on the original Unity Test server that this version could not go live, the client is the only sane option until Unity is even vaguely playable, and a much safer option all round given current geo-political issues. (Not intended as a slight on Sirris who has been magnificent in helping players keep our game running, BB's "Devs" could and should be learning a lot from him, but a properly sanctioned client would keep us from having to access files from a region where the state is interfering with computer systems).
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 28.03.22 at 11:02. Reason: double post
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Wouldn't need to "break the rules" if official client was reinstated.
    Should have been obvious from the bug reports on the original Unity Test server that this version could not go live, the client is the only sane option until Unity is even vaguely playable, and a much safer option all round given current geo-political issues. (Not intended as a slight on Sirris who has been magnificent in helping players keep our game running, BB's "Devs" could and should be learning a lot from him, but a properly sanctioned client would keep us from having to access files from a region where the state is interfering with computer systems).
    It would be more likely that other states will interfere with said region and block/sanction access - The effect would be the same though

Reply to Thread