Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change log 23/03/22

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    well i have treid client and unity with no luck , and again no sign of BB or any news , well i guess its goodbye i have had enough of this rubbish

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    May I congratulate the whole team on achieving absolutely nothing in all the time since we moved to Unity, great work, keep it up.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well we have the latest update, it seems like one step forward and nine steps backward. It now takes even longer for the game to load, this morning and 10 times longer than usual.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Settlers.

We want to apologise for the downtime, this has been fixed and everyone should be able to log in again.

I want to address longer loading time for some players - this is intended.

The loading process was changed in the latest version. It will take longer until the island appears, but afterwards everything will load much faster. Should you see a blue background for some time, do not cancel the loading process. The game is still working in the background and everything will load in as soon as the game is finished.

Please also try to clear your Unity cache, this should also help.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    15 mins of blue screen so far....

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosejane View Post
    When is the Guild shop going to work again? I dutifully do most Guild quests & now have 24K Guild coins.
    Please place new, good offers in Guild Market

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Please post new information on facebook and twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah2_777 View Post
    Change log was supposed to last for few hours, however it lasted for two days for some of us, please post updated in Facebook and Twitter

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Performance: We have improved the background handling of the game, this should allow chat to reconnect after idling and reduce the amount of zone refreshes

maybe, but now my game keeps freezing every few seconds, much worse than any previous version. I've tried to be supportive of BB during the last few weeks but this is just utter rubbish. a serious suggestion.. roll back to previous version and try again. I'm not playing this, i'll be taking break till/if something better happens

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRo79 View Post
    surely there has to be a way for all this to be done offline/behind the scenes, testing it for yourself, patching it and then,
    when it's ready, do a live stop and get it up and running for the rest of us

it makes no sense to keep on doing it the way you've done it so far, pulling the live server offline and hope for some best results.

can you just not add a subdomain, use a full database and play in there till it's ready?
    They have their own private server, unfortunately as it's local to them, it doesn't respond the way the live servers do, on there they are in happy-happy land as everything responds instantaneously, not subject to the vagaries of having to traverse the interweb.
    Sadly, as finally admitted to earlier in this post, the test server also does not respond in the same way as the live ones, which rather negates all our hard work testing out all this unity garbage, even if they did bother to read and comprehend our bug reports.
    I would suggest they actually try playing the game on here as we do for a couple of months to experience the real world, the BB's of old were fans of the game and actually had player accounts on here even if they had little time to play for fun, they were able to experience the same conditions we do.
    I would wager that if they did try to play on the live servers, we would have the client back in place inside of 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello Settlers.

We want to apologise for the downtime, this has been fixed and everyone should be able to log in again.

I want to address longer loading time for some players - this is intended.

The loading process was changed in the latest version. It will take longer until the island appears, but afterwards everything will load much faster. Should you see a blue background for some time, do not cancel the loading process. The game is still working in the background and everything will load in as soon as the game is finished.

Please also try to clear your Unity cache, this should also help.

Unfortunately,wrong on both counts.
    The servers were not responding to our browsers, either by typing in the address bar, trying to access via Ubi$oft Connect, nor even via cached pages stored locally or online.
    Cheetah's "Service Status" screenshot above reflects what we were experiencing, the servers were not responding for a long period of time.

The loading time is worse, all that seems changed is the loading order, where it tries to load buildings first, then background.
    It is also running up the computer fans heavily, worse than before the update, and trying to send explorers is increasing that load, leading to the game freezing and zone refreshing, I am having to logout in order to let the computer cool down, clearly a backward step.
    And now experiencing an old "UPlay is unavailable" popup kicking me back out of server, another "blast from the past" that the update appears to have revived, like the irrelevant "collection challenge" quest item.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 25.03.22 at 11:11. Reason: double post

Reply to Thread