Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2022

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SettlerMikey View Post
    Suggest you stop organising events and spend more IT time 0n getting game back to playability as in days of Adobe Flash Player.
    Theyre not organizing events, they're copy-pasting the old ones. By IT company standards, the amount of time they sunk into it is most likely around the same as few coffee breaks, so hardly any time that could be saved to make any meaningful progress in terms of performance improvement.

Another thing is they themselves admitted that for AIR client and Unity they delegated the work to some external companies, so chances are that they dont even have their own developers for those respective technologies, meaning that unless the contractor makes any progress you wont be seeing any improvement, certainly not because someone dedicated 1 hour every few months to copy paste the event from previous year.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Ok.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    you probably had no eggs to convert )

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    you probably had no eggs to convert )
    I turned em all into golden eggs via provision house.
    Useful feature.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Theyre not organizing events, they're copy-pasting the old ones. By IT company standards, the amount of time they sunk into it is most likely around the same as few coffee breaks, so hardly any time that could be saved to make any meaningful progress in terms of performance improvement.

Another thing is they themselves admitted that for AIR client and Unity they delegated the work to some external companies, so chances are that they dont even have their own developers for those respective technologies, meaning that unless the contractor makes any progress you wont be seeing any improvement, certainly not because someone dedicated 1 hour every few months to copy paste the event from previous year.
    Correct, and the copy/paste is also including all the original bugs that were never fixed at the time, so virtually every event needs an immediate "hotfix", just duplicating effort each time.
    Fix the original bugs and save yourselves time and money, and as an added bonus you might see a much more stable game that's easier to translate to Unity or something that actually works.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for goodies

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    what goodies? did i miss out on something?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post

one can but dream!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Event feedback?
    As usual the event had a good mix of thinks I can use, things I want or want more of, and stuff I no longer need, but that's what I now expect.
    Buildings I don't want any more of and geologists I don't need, but lower level players can use.
    For me its a good event.
    The negatives -
    Again a whoops moment at the start of the event and another "not again" feeling.
    More stupid, lack of attention to detail, or just not caring any more mistakes.
    Building descriptions/functions in dev diary not the same as on release and in a couple of cases the "live" descriptions does not match what they do.
    And the Crap:
    Who on earth allows a building action design with 9 buttons on a single row that don't fit the display area and then has little scroll bars on each button image.
    I have a 5 year old learning to program who can do better than that.
    We have building designs that support multiple rows of actions and that format works - what we are now getting is the result of an intern who has no idea about UX design .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGadget View Post
    Event feedback?

And the Crap:
    Who on earth allows a building action design with 9 buttons on a single row that don't fit the display area and then has little scroll bars on each button image.
    I have a 5 year old learning to program who can do better than that.
    We have building designs that support multiple rows of actions and that format works - what we are now getting is the result of an intern who has no idea about UX design .
    Beware what you say

This only occurs in the non supported client version of the game. In unity it does show 9 buttons that fit on the line. So they did exactly what they needed to do and that is design and make it work with unity. That it doesnt fit the old flash interface is not something to put on their doorstep as they do not develop for it nor test for it. Be happy it works in flash at all- i think eventually new content won;t work in flash as it is designed for unity and gets too far away from the flash specs at which time we all have to deal with unity all the time

You are blaming an intern which might or might not exist but who did nothing wrong from BB's perspective :P

Reply to Thread