Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Easter Event 2022

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    event went ok -- got alot of the stuff i wanted

calendar is appart from a few doors a waste of clicks

with ~130 explorers i would apprecheate a faster way to sent out explorers faster than one by one

don't add anymore different explorers and generals to the mix - it is hard to keep track on them as is
    add all 3 types of books for event resouces as well as oil mills/refineries and adv. bookbinders

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Anorexia View Post
    I forgot to mention the university that was a reward in a recent event calandar (not easter) that required 375 achievement points from easter 2017 to update. I did 12 out of 12 achievements back in easter 2017 but they only add up to a max of 220 so who's brilliant idea was that to programme that requirement in? I know of other players who have the same requirement to upgrade who only joined the game in the the last 2 years well after Easter 2017!! Seriously is there any proper testing and competence with your programmers because from what i see it seems a very small pool of incompetents!
    btw BB Traffer said in jan 2022 that is was being investigated. lol how long does it take to spot an issue and fix it?
    I checked my achievements and I got 33 for easter 2017 for a total of 1070 points. The achievements you failed to get in an event get removed once the event is over so that's why its showing 12/12 for you, it shows 33/33 for me.

The real bug here is why some people got an extra 2017 university and nothing was done about it. I wouldn't be surprised if some future calendar starts rewarding random people extra barracks or prov houses, the developers really do not care about this game.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    had to add something to the topic of "Limit of princess zoe"
    if i have reached the limit, why can i spent gems to buy her from the black market???????????????????????????????????

get facts straight

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Ok, on a positive note, as usual the event gave me the option to collect lots more stuff that in the long run is very useful - Thank you.
    And, back to the pain points.....
    The misery of sending explorers out remains, and means I still only ever use prolonged search unless their speciality is otherwise.
    Like others I chose to spread eggs around rather then get the candy factory with its 300% consumption string, and Miraculous general with no real benefit.
    Please Please Please get your QA department ( say you have someone who actually checks stuff before production deployment ) to recheck all the text descriptions on new items. 1 Per Player limit from Easter Events, 6 hrs and 300% production speed and 300% resources. I don't care that the dev diary got it right as its the in game text we use.
    The event itself for a player perspective - pretty good, and for me nothing was fundamentally broken.
    The event from a BB/UBI perspective - lack of care and attention to detail. We don't expect translated text to be wrong, and the 4 hour outage in the middle of the event again went without any comments on the main page.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_turtle View Post
    had to add something to the topic of "Limit of princess zoe"
    if i have reached the limit, why can i spent gems to buy her from the black market???????????????????????????????????

get facts straight
    because there are 2 limits, one for in game currency and one for gem bought. It has been explained by BB somewhere in the dark ages

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGadget View Post
    Ok, on a positive note, as usual the event gave me the option to collect lots more stuff that in the long run is very useful - Thank you.
    And, back to the pain points.....
    The misery of sending explorers out remains, and means I still only ever use prolonged search unless their speciality is otherwise.
    Like others I chose to spread eggs around rather then get the candy factory with its 300% consumption string, and Miraculous general with no real benefit.
    Please Please Please get your QA department ( say you have someone who actually checks stuff before production deployment ) to recheck all the text descriptions on new items. 1 Per Player limit from Easter Events, 6 hrs and 300% production speed and 300% resources. I don't care that the dev diary got it right as its the in game text we use.
    The event itself for a player perspective - pretty good, and for me nothing was fundamentally broken.
    The event from a BB/UBI perspective - lack of care and attention to detail. We don't expect translated text to be wrong, and the 4 hour outage in the middle of the event again went without any comments on the main page.
    and it is a carbon copy of last year for around 90% of the event stuff. some further changes are appreciated
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 11.05.22 at 11:42. Reason: double post

World
    Newfoundland
    +300% input on the sugar rush buff is a nasty surprise... that should be modified to the expected normal input. It's a short term buff and would slot neatly in between employee badge and machine oil without the input modifier.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Game is too unstable to run events in my opinion. constant freezes and chuck outs when doing SC in Fall adventures, out of memory a big issue too and relog in times cost prem time , obs time and you lose chance to squeeze more addies in under them. when will you admit Unity was a mistake!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The event went okay, but we're still struggling along with a decimated guild.

The yawning gap between newbies and those players that have been around forever is clear in the comments. Those with 150 explorers and those with just the basics. Hard to see a way forward when it's so hard to keep players that are disillusioned with the game quality.

As for eggs. I got all I needed and more. I've taken to giving resources and event stuff away to lower level players in other guilds. Just in the hope that people stick around.

I didn't buy any new generals, rather focused on an additional Sylvana and MG.

It was also hard to get through adventures with camps spinning and connections being lost. Less grace about those things with strangers than guildies which is full cycle to not having enough guildies to smash the event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlande View Post
    Game is too unstable to run events in my opinion. constant freezes and chuck outs when doing SC in Fall adventures, out of memory a big issue too and relog in times cost prem time , obs time and you lose chance to squeeze more addies in under them. when will you admit Unity was a mistake!
    1) it varies a lot from player to player how stuff runs and how many errors they have
    2) some avoid errors if they are plentifull in unity by using client
    3) they will never admit unity was a mistake. In principle it wasn't as flash needed to be replaced but the implementation was abysmal which is why we are where we are. They wont admit making mistakes in this process either is my bet and all gets qualified as slight hiccups and glitches soon to be ironed out

World
    Northisle
    I can't buy any Zoe this event, it says limit reached/same...

Reply to Thread