Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't complete a quest

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello!

We understand that this quest does not work for some players. In the last week of the event, we will run a script that will automatically complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    That's a none-solution. As Dorotheus said:
    "I'm not sure from your statement that you understand the nature of the problem.

By abandoning the quest those players will also be losing out on the achievement points required by the Easter basket event building, lower level players may not possess the means to obtain those points via alternative means which means they will not be able to upgrade their building."

That's exactly what's going to be lacking on my account.
    And yes, no schools, no Uni's.
    Last edited by copycat71; 17.04.22 at 18:06.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello!

We understand that this quest does not work for some players. In the last week of the event, we will run a script that will automatically complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    They could have fixed this by sending all players an education tribute.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    or a school, as they mailed one a few years ago for some reason or another as well

With most people, they will just end in star menu and the ones needing it for quest would put em up (and maybe tear em down)

a very simple and elegant solution, which would not have cost any development time either to write a script to auto complete it.

Just a community manager sending a mail with a few cookies a village idiot college and a few eggs or something like that with a nice song and dance mail about the bunny having reproduced many times and now is sending his offspring to schools all over Settlerlandia :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Alas,

BB seems to think along standard pathways - it is bugged: how can we make it go away - ah the quest needs to be completed and they cant make settlers that count so we need a script - but that needs to be made and tested so we cant run this in week 1, first to assign it to someone then test it etc etc so end of week 2 at the earliest so lets fix it in week 3 of the event :P

While some goodies would have solved it in week 1 and give people some happy faces -

Once the problem was clear, the solutions should have been listed and then weight on merrit

But most of all, can;t you guys just test this stuff properly? I mean we all know already what the next event is and that it will be a 95% copy of the previous football/summer event - Just push it live and test the scripts without releasing a new merchant yet somewhere int he next 2 weeks or so and all bugs will be filtered out of the quests -

And Please Please just check the limits on generals and explorers and adjust em as needed or put the right caveats in regarding numbers - It is something that can not really be tested on testserver by players as you can buy plenty of the limited explorers and generals through the special testserver section in the merchant and as test is reset every so often, no one really can figure out the real hardcoded limits that are used on live servers except the devs - It is not that hard to test- just add it to event checklist for a change

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I'm currently having a similar issue. I'm on level 9. The quest called "Further Help" says I have to open the help windows - archive, support, forum and the shortcuts inside archive window. I did open all of those and the quest thumbnail lightened green for all quests EXCEPT for the forum window. I opened it multiple times, refreshed the page, logged out and in again without success. I wrote a message for the support but so far haven't receive any response. It's been two days and the issue hasn't changed. I appreciate any tip.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FULECO2022 View Post
    I'm currently having a similar issue. I'm on level 9. The quest called "Further Help" says I have to open the help windows - archive, support, forum and the shortcuts inside archive window. I did open all of those and the quest thumbnail lightened green for all quests EXCEPT for the forum window. I opened it multiple times, refreshed the page, logged out and in again without success. I wrote a message for the support but so far haven't receive any response. It's been two days and the issue hasn't changed. I appreciate any tip.
    Please check this post.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    what helped me was to put Settles in fullscreen mode and then open Forum and Archive.

Reply to Thread