Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't complete a quest

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Can't complete a quest

Hi,
    I have to produce 10 settlers for one of the quests. I produced maybe a 100, but it still doesn't check it as completed.
    What do I do?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    you need to have free space to get these 10 and baked settlers can be used on mayours to complete also.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    usually it means making em in the provision house and then adding em to the island

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since many players have had the same issue, then making them in village schools or universities have solved it for them.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Got it. I dont't have free space. That must be the reason. Thanks.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello!

We understand that this quest does not work for some players. In the last week of the event, we will run a script that will automatically complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 14.04.22 at 13:11.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hello!

We understand that this quest does not work for some players. In the last week of the event, we will run a script that will automatically complete it. For now, please play the quest chain up until the point where the issue occurs and you cannot progress (since there are rewards to obtain up to that point), then abandon the quest chain. The eggs lost from the proceeding quests will be compensated soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
    I'm not sure from your statement that you understand the nature of the problem. Up to 25% of the player base were expected to se this quest again so for them it's going to be not one but two lost egg opportunities.

By abandoning the quest those players will also be losing out on the achievement points required by the Easter basket event building, lower level players may not process the means to obtain those points via alternative means which means they will not be able to upgrade their building.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    what about the players who paid Gems to move past this block? I know a few of us waited but decided to pay in order to progress in the event. are we also to be compensated (Gems returned at least?)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've seen the in-game compensation for the problem and according to the text of the mail you intend to add the missing achievement points next week. However the fix is flawed. The quest is part of a chain which 25% of the player base received on day 1 of the event, 25% will receive on day 6 of the event, 25% will receive on day 11 of the event with the final 25% of players getting it on day 16. Depending on when you add the missing achievement points between 50%-75% will not yet have progressed to the point of reaching the bugged quest. This means the solution is not to give the points to those who have missed out but to give the points to everyone.

N0play
    Think those who have schools ( and maybe universities ) can complete the quest - so probably mainly low level players affected.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...st-line-bugged

Reply to Thread