Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Island lost...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Island lost...

After a while the game started running slowly, so it was time to refresh. Logged out. Logged back in...
    ... and after a couple of minutes I was greeted with "Welcome new Settler", and was invited to select an Avatar and name.

It appears that the link between my island and my account has been lost !

I normally login via my Ubisoft account.
    Support suggested that I log in via FB to access my game. Didn't work of course. Awaiting further response.

Details...

//removed - BB_Trafffer

I know a couple of players who have lost their high-level islands. Support failed them and they had to restart from scratch.
    Fingers are crossed for a quick resolution........
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 18.04.22 at 14:28.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Flush_II

If you have contacted our support team, please wait for a response and follow the agent's instructions/questions.

Please also don't share any details publicly - this won't help, and it's also important for the security of your account.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The reply from TSO-Support...

"I can definitely assure you that your account is linked to Facebook. The Facebook account is linked to the email address you have contacted us with, (redacted)@(redacted).com. Thus, also ensure that you are logged into the correct Facebook account on your browser.
    If you continue to face issues with this, please do send me screenshots"

Again, I always use the Ubi login, not FB.

Ticket has been closed without any resolution, and the link provided for reopening the case just goes to 'Error 404'.
    Attempting to raise another ticket with the same 100% clear problem report will likely just send me around the same loop again.

To save my island I need a hero, a shining BB_Knight riding a white horse (or a Raving Rabbid)...

This Easter I am not a happy bunny

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    just plod along through the closed ticket loop- it sometimes takes a few tries alas

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Your forum account is only from this month, how long ago did you start playing?

I find with support for most games you have to be pretty persistent without also giving them a reason to ignore you. Give as much detail as possible and maybe request the ticket is not closed until you are happy with the outcome. This game is on its deathbed, it's not surprising the support can't be bothered to put much effort in.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    [QUOTE=Kotugo;370261]Your forum account is only from this month, how long ago did you start playing?
    5 years. Had to give the 'new Settler' a name (even though its the same login) so that I could post here.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I am glad I never ran into this issue, hopefully it's not the case that accidentally logging in via facebook overwrote your original account. Do you happen to use the same password for both ubi login and facebook? that would make confusing things much easier if true.

You probably need to make it clear that you are aware you have a facebook linked account and that is an empty unused account and they need to actually check the contents of each account to find the one from 5 years ago.

Maybe also ask why they are closing tickets without verifying if the issue is actually solved.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post

Maybe also ask why they are closing tickets without verifying if the issue is actually solved.
    They wont answer it i bet but that has been standard BB practice for years and years - if not from the start

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush_II View Post
    Ticket has been closed without any resolution, and the link provided for reopening the case just goes to 'Error 404'.
    Attempting to raise another ticket with the same 100% clear problem report will likely just send me around the same loop again.
    In this case, the ticket will only be closed if you do not reply to the message agent sent to you within 48 hours. If you are unable to access your Facebook account, you can simply ask the agent to disconnect the account from Facebook and send you a reconnect link.

As I said, all you need to do is communicate with the support team agent. Please also send me TicketID via forum Private Message.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    ,,,Maybe also ask why they are closing tickets without verifying if the issue is actually solved.
    If you get a reply from Support, they give you 4 days to respond (Even if you have no need to) or they automatically close the ticket

I have always found this a strange practice as they should be the ones following up our issues not us chasing them

Reply to Thread