Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 18/05/22

  1. #21
    Community Manager
    Veteran Communicator BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    779
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Settlers,

    In the current game version, the problem concerning blocking in the game has been fixed.

    This hotfix maintenance has restored the blocking so that buildings can no longer be placed on top of each other. However, it has not fixed buildings that are already on top of each other. You may still experience overlap in the game and we ask that you manually move buildings and generals apart. If you do not do this, you may still experience problems (locked zone, sleeping buildings, etc.).

    With best regards
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team

  2. #22
    Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darkest Dorset
    Posts
    1,612
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sigh, in addition to my legitimate feedback which has vanished from this thread, may I say that the new italicized font in the mailbox is hideous and hurts the eyes very quickly.
    Wasn't broken so why "fix" it and make it worse?
    We love our new CM.

    Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

  3. #23
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7
    World
    Northisle
    Will you update the old client, as well ? Currently we cannot use the old client because the last update for it is not available. I will not play on unity, because it's too difficult. At least let us know if you will update the old client.

  4. #24
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,510
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraaS View Post
    Will you update the old client, as well ? Currently we cannot use the old client because the last update for it is not available. I will not play on unity, because it's too difficult. At least let us know if you will update the old client.
    LOL

    The client is deemed illegal software and not supported so asking em to support it won't get you very far

  5. #25
    Community Manager
    Veteran Communicator BB_Trafffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    779
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Sigh, in addition to my legitimate feedback which has vanished from this thread, may I say that the new italicized font in the mailbox is hideous and hurts the eyes very quickly.
    Wasn't broken so why "fix" it and make it worse?
    We didn't delete any posts in this thread, I also don't see your post in this thread before. I forwarded the "font" difference to our Dev Team for review.


    Quote Originally Posted by LauraaS View Post
    Will you update the old client, as well ? Currently we cannot use the old client because the last update for it is not available. I will not play on unity, because it's too difficult. At least let us know if you will update the old client.
    Using the "old client" is against our TOS, and you use it at your own risk. We are not supporting it.

  6. #26
    Treasure Hunter Bobblyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    213
    World
    Newfoundland
    please please please get rid of the new font in the mail box - I am also finding it really bad for my eyes

  7. #27
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    112
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Dear Settlers,

    In the current game version, the problem concerning blocking in the game has been fixed.

    This hotfix maintenance has restored the blocking so that buildings can no longer be placed on top of each other. However, it has not fixed buildings that are already on top of each other. You may still experience overlap in the game and we ask that you manually move buildings and generals apart. If you do not do this, you may still experience problems (locked zone, sleeping buildings, etc.).

    With best regards
    Your "The Settlers Online" Team
    -
    Im not removing anything you should have been quicker with your warning about what happened by the time I found out what was going on Id placed 60 building and started on updates - all seem quite legitimately placed to me. Of course if the game locks I'll simply go and find something else to do. I f you want to remove go ahead provided reparations are provided for materials used. If more land to settle was made more readily available so the game lived up to its 'settlers' brand name then there wouldn't be any need for long term players to so quickly use up any new space which become seemingly available.

  8. #28
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    112
    World
    Newfoundland
    Incidentally when is something going to be done to restore the playability of the pvp expeditions.

  9. #29
    Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darkest Dorset
    Posts
    1,612
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    We didn't delete any posts in this thread, I also don't see your post in this thread before. I forwarded the "font" difference to our Dev Team for review.




    Using the "old client" is against our TOS, and you use it at your own risk. We are not supporting it.
    I didn't say it had been deleted, vBulletin has always had some odd "quirks" where it can enter a post twice, or appear not to have accepted a post but that then appears later, after we've re-posted it, hence your apparent problem with "double posts".

    Your comments re the client are extremely disappointing. Due to security clashes, I cannot use the "unofficial" client on this computer, but if I could I most certainly would.
    Unity is still no better than it was when we had it on test server, that's about 18 months now and my friend list has had more players go inactive in that period than in the entire 10 years the game has been running.
    The client, in its official or unofficial forms has been the saving grace that has kept this game just about playable, myself and others are having to hack browser configurations, assign ridiculous amounts of disk space as cache and trying many other options just to get minor improvements to playability, some of hich have since been "nobbled" by your good selves, like vpn and using private browser screens. Are Ubi so desperate to use cookies that they'd rather see us give up the game ?
    There should be an official client until you finally make Unity playable, or abandon it for a better solution. Innogames converted Forge of Empires "on the fly" from Flash to HTML5, and apart from a couple of awkward bugs that weren't game killers, pretty much did it within a year with the game remaining live and playable.
    We love our new CM.

    Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.