Closed Thread

Thread: Where's my mail gone?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Where's my mail gone?

I seem to be missing some mail, has something changed?

On client I have20 pages going back almost exactly a year
    On Unity they go back several months more.

I did have around 100 pages... I dont delete too much as an active guild officer running all sort of competitions there was all sorts of usefulinfo tucked away (and yes a lot of rubbsh I should have deleted long ago). Oly noticed when I tried to dredge up some old info earlier today...

Anyone else noticed anything strange with mail, were they deleted by BB without warning or have I just missed something (happens a lot )

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    well, if it is a case between client and unity showing a difference, then don;t complain about it as client is not supported by BB and they told us many a time. It is to be expected that the more they work on the base structure of the game, the more likely it will be that client will struggle more and more and this could well be the case on mails being limited in client to 20 pages for whatever reason

So use unity to pick up the mails you miss in client and hopefully you arent missing anything and it was just optical in client and else you will most likely be up the crek without the paddle if client interface caused this in the databases as BB will have no reason to restore it from backup either in that case

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    https://sirris.tsomaps.com/client_mails.swf
    try this swf file:
    rename to client.swf and replace in %localappdata%/Temp/tso_portable
    run client.exe with --skip flag
    i changed request limit to 10k mails

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Sirris, guess the older swf file had capped the total visible mails to too low a figure for older, busier accounts?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    in february maintanence devs added new integer argument to get_mail_headers method, and in traffic dump i saw 1k in that argument.. so i implemented same in old client. meybe in unity its dynamic, i dont know
    if swf that i posted works fine then in next update i change argument to 10k in main swf

Closed Thread