Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra section in Merchant "Test Environment"

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    am more bothered about the downtime robbing obs and Scout time only get to use once a day but only says Prem and Addy time wil be extended. up until the fix I was dare I say impressed with the improved playability from the last event , no where near as glitchy or freezing so BB are on the right path , an djust as I though that , lost connection

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Ah, I should have taken those free-bies .... now I feel robbed ...... hahaha

Shall the honest players get a special item for being honest, or just a consolation reward for being dumb? ...... lol

Which brings back the question of why do fixes take so long, several hours? When elsewhere it takes literally a few seconds. Just kicks you out of the game, and you log back in straight away or just less then a minute after.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 20.06.22 at 12:51. Reason: double post

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    the second one Nort , the lazy approach does not always pay dividends. As someone put it the earlybird catches the worm, lol

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_1963 View Post
    And they keep telling us that test and live are separate, and something that works on one isn't guaranteed to work on the other, so why would a live server have the ability to activate a test merchant setting ...............
    Well - we can add any tab and content to the store. Updates usually first land on the test server, and after testing and additional changes, they go to our Live Servers - in this case, when implementing the new version, we had something that should not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlande View Post
    where did mypost go?
    someone being overly sensitive
    As long as you insult other people and post against our policies, we will have to delete these posts and warn your account. So if you don't want your post to be removed, please check our rules here, and make sure to follow them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_1963 View Post
    And they keep telling us that test and live are separate, and something that works on one isn't guaranteed to work on the other
    Most of what they're telling you is just gibberish from the standpoint of software development its all just so that you dont have too much expectations and wont be disappointed when they fail to do their job.

And todays problem is just another example of them being so negligent they dont even pay attention to what they're deploying, just copy pasting stuff without even basic oversight of the process.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I logged in about 15 mins before maint so I didnt see this. Will the players who bought these actually get to keep them? Surely not.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok Traffer fair point well made, what about the obs and Scout times they being extended too ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogmer View Post
    I logged in about 15 mins before maint so I didnt see this. Will the players who bought these actually get to keep them? Surely not.
    it is usually much harder to selectively undo this than to let it slide and same goes for rollback. In the past a fair few times similar issues have had the saem resolution: fix the bug but not retroactively correct this on a player level

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I know, I worked in IT for 28 years, server admin and networking among the jobs I did.
    They keep having the same repeated problems, servers going offline/routing broken, and still can't get to the bottom of it.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogmer View Post
    Some "Item laundering" already happened. People bought em, traded, placed on ground, upgraded, moved, etc. tricks.

I doubt they are rushing to do an unprepared database item tracing and deleting in such a short time so they probably either let people keep em, do a full rollback or do a rerun of the "return to star or be banned" mess.

Reply to Thread