Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra section in Merchant "Test Environment"

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlande View Post
    Ok Traffer fair point well made, what about the obs and Scout times they being extended too ?
    Oh oh, you insulted somebody and I missed that? All the fun gone? Can you whisper me .......... lol

EDIT: Gosh, I've just noticed that I am an Excellent Essayist. That makes me want post a lot more. That excellency must be put to a good use.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 20.06.22 at 13:44. Reason: surprising, even shocking, discovery of my talents

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    BB is busy inventing and designing new buildings to increase load on game and syncronisation - so they dont want to waste time testing things on testserver - there only an 'early version' was tested and no updates made ( and it has been unavailable for almost a week now )
    Maybe they had to test something about bundles and and instead of 'wasting' time to update testserver, they made a 'test shop' on the live version they were working on - and then forgot to remove it before copying it to live servers.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    They would need to roll back everything to before event started ( mail , star , store , island designs ) , and I doubt they keep regular database backups or snapshots because only a snapshot would be guaranteed to have everything correct at a particular point, or it wouldn't take so long to fix things normally.
    I doubt they know how to run something like Veeam.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    That really does leave a sour taste towards the game for me if not addressed properly etc. I've played the game on and off since it started pretty much but i've been lucky enough to miss any major issues. Having bought gems to support the game and this happens, its not just a couple items, we are talking a lot of resources and buildings even training barracks etc, I'm not sure how many of those you could get though.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Well - we can add any tab and content to the store. Updates usually first land on the test server, and after testing and additional changes, they go to our Live Servers - in this case, when implementing the new version, we had something that should not be there.

As long as you insult other people and post against our policies, we will have to delete these posts and warn your account. So if you don't want your post to be removed, please check our rules here, and make sure to follow them.
    And I feel neglected cause Trafffer never answers my questions ...... haha

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    They had the same fiasco with an explorer one year, some ended up with 3, some with only 2, caused by database rollbacks and some being lucky to click before whatever time they rolled back to.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's amazing how much people remember about the game and it's fiascoes. I can hardly remember what happened last week, much less last event, and last year is in total darkness. I just come, play, and then forget there was such a thing as TSO, until something reminds me again

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    It seems to be a very long hotfix, considering it actually started before the advertised time

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Maintenance extended by another 90 minutes, this must be a massive hotfix.........................................

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    what a great event this is turning out to be, most of my explorers will be sat at home, all the buildings around my love tree will be having bad production due to love tree buff ending and unable to sleep those buildings, and down time just keeps getting extended, great job BB

Reply to Thread