Reply to Thread

Thread: wrong buffs on scenarios

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove

wrong buffs on scenarios

Hi,

i noticed on the football event and now on Storm Recovery that if you preselect buffs in star and click on a camp that it chooses a different buff than selected. result on Strom Recovery -> FAIL.

please put that on your fix-list
    greetings

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is not a bug, you are expected to pay 100% attention and the fail is calculated in the design, Either by the buffs on the buildings or by placing a building in the wrong slot.

The best workaround is to apply the 20 and 16 buffs before you make the 2x 11 buffs from the collectibles. Then you can never apply the wrong buffs (you can apply the buffs at any time in the scenario so also before the quest is active)

When you have all 4 buffs and you slightly misclick on the pop up, you will fail as it seems to always pick the rare buff when it can

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    i selectet poision first ( 20) but the game chose to choose a different buff to do

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes, if you hover over the other one, it selects that instead - if you hit multiple buildings with the same select it resets etc

Like i said, either do it very carefully per building or apply the non collectible buffs first before making the ones from collectibles and that avoids the problem,

BB is not likely to change anything in a hurry if at all

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Select building first and always go down like 5pm and there is no fail. No selection of buffs from star click on building. Been running so the last 100+ storm without fail.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    It is not a bug, you are expected to pay 100% attention and the fail is calculated in the design, Either by the buffs on the buildings or by placing a building in the wrong slot.

The best workaround is to apply the 20 and 16 buffs before you make the 2x 11 buffs from the collectibles. Then you can never apply the wrong buffs (you can apply the buffs at any time in the scenario so also before the quest is active)

When you have all 4 buffs and you slightly misclick on the pop up, you will fail as it seems to always pick the rare buff when it can
    Did you forget that you do not get the quest to apply the buffs until after you have completed the quest to make the 2x 11 ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The quest is not to apply the buffs, the quest is to remove the curse from the buildings (which uses the buffs) So it doesnt matter when you apply the buffs as long as you can complet ethe removal of the curse so clear the buildings, you will complete the quest

The same applies to the removal of the stone, you can remove all the stones before doing the first 9 collects for the seeds and when the quest pops up, it will still complete

So many times i start the quest, load prov house will all the buffs that need to be made and do not use collects and go do something else

When i come back i collect the fist collects, apply all bombs and apply all buffs on the houses, then make the 9 buffs complete the quest and the next 2 - collect the 22, make buffs - complete quest and apply them (evil BB also lets you fail if you apply the buffs before completing the quest of owning 2 x 11 buffs) and go on from there

It makes it dummy proof, which i need as there is a high chance of failing otherwise (either by being too quick or lag interfering or the weird refresh which roills back the last buff you applied and hence makes chance of mistakes higher)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Let's be honest, it is just a poorly designed scenario

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it was designed to be able to fail = so in that respect it is a succes

The concept really never took off and the price of failure is on the high side due to cost of making the buffs to reach that point so in that respect it was a failure and they should redesign it to take these issues out

Alas - they most likely will never do that so we are stuck with it as is and best play in the safest way possible to be BB bug proof on this here wonderful piece of coding :P

Reply to Thread