Reply to Thread

Thread: Not able to Copy (Ctrl+C) from a field

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs up Not able to Copy (Ctrl+C) from a field

I would suggest, opening up for a possibility to copy a text to the clipboard in any input fields (Start menu filter, Troops window - amount of troops , Emails etc).
    - It is possible to paste (ctrl+p) - so this seems a little strange.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can not copy + paste on Unity which is a big drawback when trying to explain or show things to other players

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Currently the way I give links to friends/guild members is by including a link in an ingame mail to them.
    (ctrl c and v will not work for MAC users)

On receipt
    1. They select 'Reply'
    2. The mail is then editable and the link can be highlighted and ctrl c
    3. ctrl v into a browser address bar. (Sometimes you may have to go back to the mail and do this for a second time)
    4. Either reply if you would like to in the top part of the mail and send or just come straight out of it.

With a very long link like a google document for example I use 'tiny url' or similar to shorten the address to something they will find easier to highlight or most can forget all of the above and just find it very easy to type the name into the Address Bar of their Browser.

example https://tinyurl.com/Mortallicus (Easy to remember and takes you to the homepage of Settlers) or should do
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah it's a pain - I frequently need to send guild rules, copy and paste would make it a LOT easier.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane60 View Post
    I can not copy + paste on Unity which is a big drawback when trying to explain or show things to other players
    Yes, please bring this utility back

Reply to Thread