Reply to Thread

Thread: The Resolute General - Is it werth it?

World
    Northisle

Question The Resolute General - Is it werth it?

Hi everybody

Any opinions about the Resolute General?

People are asking me, if it's werth spending 5599 pumpkins on it, but I'm not an expert in Generals. My Star Menu is cluttered up with useless Generals and I'm sure, that most of you can recognize this

This one, however, seems to be a good investment. Would be thankful for any qualified feeback.

/Mic

World
    Newfoundland
    From the design standpoint it seems incoherent and self contradicting.

On first glance it seems bad, but might be accidentally decent in some fights.

Definately not something you need, at most I can say there will probably be places where it can be used, so just an extra general, nothing to write home about.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the Swordsman Boost is decent (30% less damage/100% HP below):

Swordsman 300HP
    Dmg 26-52

Vs

Mounted Swordsman 250HP
    Dmg 25-50

So cheaper unit costs for Arabian adventures off the bat, with a nice anti flanking passive and 30% less damage from enemy offensive and Heavy units.

Where he will shine though, is longer battles, that 50% damage boost could prove significant if it stacks with 'Cleave'

I think he looks decent personally.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas_Drynn View Post
    So cheaper unit costs for Arabian adventures off the bat
    Hp bonus is offset by the fact that it has 200 troop capacity, so you lose on the damage an extra 70 MMs would do.

In a realistic scenario, unless you attack camps with 100-150 units, you will still benefit more from having more army and being able to kill enemies before they can even touch you.

with a nice anti flanking passive
    probably the only bonus worth mentioning

and 30% less damage from enemy offensive and Heavy units.
    if youre considering elite units, unless theres enemy units that attack your weakest both of those types are ran over by MMs before they can even attack you

Where he will shine though, is longer battles, that 50% damage boost could prove significant if it stacks with 'Cleave'
    Depending on what fight we're talking about, this guy does damage equivalent of about 8 units on average, so an extra 4 units worth of damage every turn, while from the start you lose 70-80 compared to major/ older G. Damage component of almost every general is negligible.

Additionally, if you intend the general to fight multiple turns, it means you intend to not kill the opponent as fast as possible, which means heavily increasing your losses.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you factored in using swordsman, the quicker production costs and cheaper material cost? - Is that worth considering do you think?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas_Drynn View Post
    Have you factored in using swordsman, the quicker production costs and cheaper material cost? - Is that worth considering do you think?
    I mean its worth considering, but as I hinted in my first post, you would have to go out of your way to find fights where it actually gains you anything.

The baseline is, this general doesnt offer you any strenghts that would open any new avenues in adventures (because bonuses it gives are strategically irrelevant), and in regular fights is worse than half of the generals that were already available (including some without any troop bonuses).

So you pay extra money to buy it, only to have to spend time to find places where it can be used.

In addition to that, and as controversial as it may sound, I dont really think production rate or cost (with regards to units consuming platinum ore) is an actual advantage, because :

a) you have to be doing something wrong to not be swimming in abundant resources, even if you dont use premium, since army compositions have been, for years, optimized in a way that every elite adventure pays for itself
    b) as far as my experience goes, an average player is very unlikely to be able to lose units faster than they can produce them (given both availability of the adventures and production rates that are currently possible). Sure there would be outliers playing for 12hrs/ day, but I dont think average Joe would be able to consume produced units at that rate. Hence, especially if youre playing casually, you shouldnt really have a problem with production times of particular units.

So while lower cost and faster production in a vacuum may sound like a huge benefit, in real case scenarios its at least debatable.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's all very well just looking at the numbers and forming a opinion from that, but when what you say make it obvious you have based some of you thinking on the wrong assumptions your opinions start to look dubious. There is a big difference between what does he bring to the party and who he is better than. The question you should be asking is "When I'm asked is he better than gen (insert name)?". What will your reply be.

There are a few generals who can only be brought with gems. Is he better than any of those?, the answer to that question is yes he is better than Vargus. It don't matter if he is not equal to or not as good as any other general. The only thing players need to know is he is better than Vargus.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Vargus 2.0 - Quite a few instances where Vargus could/can be used in adventures, so that's a good call.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I got him - and also one for gems - on many high level camps he is my best general - on Unknown Regions ( 2 debuf version ) and Mountain labyrinth ( almost all camps ) losses are on 50% - more Swordman and a lot less Knights - Resolute on some camps replacing Boris, Cloaked, Steadfast and Older Gemini
    top row loss without resolute - lower with
    495R, 215B, 280M, 90Cav, 147SW, 108MSW, 2140KN
    650R, 215B, 125M, 1007SW, 635KN

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Reptille has put together some excellent guides, he's looking great

Reply to Thread