Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auction

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Auction

The auction is boring. You need to enable us to enter the amount we want to give and not will no need to keep clicking. In this way many wait until the last minute to offer something.
    Last edited by SoneVracevGaj; 13.11.22 at 17:32.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Essentially the auction system is poorly designed. Let's say I have 500k plat ore and the bidding is currently at say 300k, I place the next bid of 310k and that leaves me with just 190k in store. So the next person bids 320 and I can no longer bid above that as BB has my previous 310k. The bidding carries on with me stuck and the final bidder wins with a 490k bid. I could have beaten that with my 500k but as BB had taken the earlier bid away I was blown out.

The other issue is storage space. I have plodded along for over 10 years with a max storage of 1.3m, that serves all my needs. However, someone else has a storage of, say, 1.5m. Once the maximum bid hits 1.4m I cannot bid as I cannot hold that much resource in storage. I know of players with storages of over 5m so heaven help the lower level players with stores of 100k.

In ''another game that will remain nameless'' they have a similar auction part to the game. In the auction house you are able to sell items that are of no further use to you. When they sell you are paid in auction tokens and can then use those tokens to purchase items shown within the auction hose. There are 6 a day with a fixed price and one that is for auction. All of this takes place with players buying the items for the auction tokens gained by selling their excess junk.

Nice idea in principle BB but the current BB auction system is poor.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 04.11.22 at 13:00.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    The Auction is badly designed as mentioned in lordloocan's post above . A quick way to improve it is to hold two Auctions (one run after another) with the same items but with a level restriction say up to 50 and over level 50. Only the winner should have to pay into the Auction. Bids are pledges only.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes - I agree with the 2 post above. Why make a feature for 1- 5 % of the players. I dont have the storage to be part of this. One way to make it a bit more fair, is for each auction to be on for a lot shorter. and to fix the issues posted above. For now I just regret I ever payed the coins to enter this, as I am not going to take part. I am not going to raise my storage just to maybe get lucky and win a shotfire for 2 mill coins. Currently it is 1.3 - more than plenty to play the game.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Designed by people who don't even play or understand the game as usual. Even if they allowed multiple bids to add together it would then shift the advantage to people who have billions of resources saved in their star menu.

World
    Newfoundland
    I thought my storage and resources were over the top - looks like I was wrong; a very small percentage of top players will be the only ones able to bid
    wish I had not paid the coins to open it

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Make a bit more pvp challenge here. We would set the number, but if you would set the number, you can't bid again! You can set your all storage if you would like, but you can bid only once!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Can we lose the stupid bouncing gavel, it's annoying.
    I know there's a new auction - not interested, have to click it to enter the auction each time I log in just to make it stop.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka- View Post
    Can we lose the stupid bouncing gavel, it's annoying.
    I agree.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post
    I agree.
    Ohh I do agree - it is even more annoying than the rankings button that I hit by accident at least 1 time every day.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread