Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO is not loading (SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

TSO is not loading (SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED)

Hi!

I have logged into TSO today as usual. I did all buffs and when I was logging out , I remembered I forgot to send explorers out. So I clicked "login" button on main page of TSO again expecting to send the explorers I forgot about. However, it is not what I've got.

I got:
    "
    AW, SNAP!
    Something went wrong while displaying this page.
    Error code: SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED
    "

I cleared all cache and cookies. It did not work.
    I used the trick in Guides for faster loading time "--disk-cache-size=1000000000". Windows through at me some alert about administration, which I just clicked through, as it wasn't mentioned in the guide. It did not help either.
    I tried to clear the Unity DB, but there in applications-indexedDB was no unity. was only /idbfs with timestamp inside.

I use Google Chrome. I do not understand what went wrong. I logged without issues at first. Now I get "AW, SNAP" time after time.

Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think I fixed it somehow temporarily? I kept crashed "AW, SNAP!" web page untouched. I opened new tab. Loaded TSO main page and logged for a second time, while first login was still there crashed in other tab on my browser. TSO just loaded. I sent my explorers.

Anyone cares to explain what is going on there with my Google Chrome browser and TSO?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Hey sorry you got me I am no expert. However, I found https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...ht=clear+cache useful. If you scroll down or jump to last post you will also see that the idbfs file IS Unity. I found the same using Brave Browser.

Hope this helps until an expert arrives
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I logged in. No issues. TSO loaded just fine.
    I logged off. Then I tried logging in. I got "AW, SNAP!" web page.
    I tried today my work-around, by leaving the crashed window while trying to log in again. It does not work. I get only "AW, SNAP!" web page.
    I pressed F12 and deleted /idbfs. On login I get "AW, SNAP!".

I hope an expert will arrive and cares to explain what is going on. Why I can not log in into TSO, directly after leaving it?
    Why I get memory issue message? Why TSO is crashing?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    https://comparecheapssl.com/how-to-f...rome-and-edge/

^^^^ try seeing if any of that helps

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Glad it's not just me. Laptop lost internet then when I rebooted I got the "aww snap" message. Have cleared all browsing data and cache. can get in for a few seconds before it boots me out again with aww snap!...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I found the devil causing the issue. McAfee web protection. It is a free application from McAfee on Windows. Now, I know WHY it is free. I uninstalled this application. Issue solved. I can relog now without restarting my Google Chrome.

Thanks Harlequin for the url. It helped me trace the issue and remove the cause.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax030310 View Post
    Glad it's not just me. Laptop lost internet then when I rebooted I got the "aww snap" message. Have cleared all browsing data and cache. can get in for a few seconds before it boots me out again with aww snap!...
    Yeah, just reboot wont fix it. You need clear the Unity Database with F12 - application - indexDB - /idbfs (delete), close Google Chrome and literally reboot your entire computer. Unless you use the link Harlequin provided and trace the issue. It is something with virus protection.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    BACK with the same error!

Someone applied PFB buff on my island and my game crashed. Now, I get repeatedly "sbox fatal memory exceeded" message on my Google Chrome. I can not even return the PFB buff to lone_wolfaka(I think).

Help!!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    After 10 minut of hard refreshes and computer reboots, I got to log in. No pfb detected. I swapped pfb with dragana. I still have no idea what happened for those 10 scary minutes.

Reply to Thread