Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TSO is not loading (SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just getting that corrupted island page with the Scavenger portrait and "object not found" appearing all over the screen.
    Really hoped we'd seen the back of that, wasted so much time the last time it happened trying to "fix" it, when the problem was at your end all along.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I got "Aw Snap!" page trice today, but after every single "Aw Snap!" TSO loaded up without issue. I didn't wait for 40 mins. So something is happening in right direction. What I did:

I was swapping 10 bouquets and 3 cards with airforceboy. Error page popped up every time I tried to visit his island to return buffs. So, I used Kebabtomte's suggestion of using FF instead of Chrome. It worked. Airforceboy's island loaded up. Success! Then after a while FF crashed. I used windows 10 task manager to check what is going on. It seems FF was using for my island 1.5 gb and when I visited airforceboy's island the use of ram went to 7.8gb. Enough for me to locate the flower farms and crash FF and then drop 1st buff and crash FF, and then drop 2nd buff and crash FF and drop 3rd buff and crash my FF again.

My win10 laptop has 16gb ram, so i do not see the issue causing those FF crashes. Maybe win10 is the issue? Surely on Ubuntu things were simpler for me. It could also be that maybe some graphics for buildings at lvl 80 are having issues?

Anyhow, all buffs got dropped! Success? Mh...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    six hours and I cant get loaded...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sarmatian View Post
    I got "Aw Snap!" page trice today, but after every single "Aw Snap!" TSO loaded up without issue. I didn't wait for 40 mins. So something is happening in right direction. What I did:

I was swapping 10 bouquets and 3 cards with airforceboy. Error page popped up every time I tried to visit his island to return buffs. So, I used Kebabtomte's suggestion of using FF instead of Chrome. It worked. Airforceboy's island loaded up. Success! Then after a while FF crashed. I used windows 10 task manager to check what is going on. It seems FF was using for my island 1.5 gb and when I visited airforceboy's island the use of ram went to 7.8gb. Enough for me to locate the flower farms and crash FF and then drop 1st buff and crash FF, and then drop 2nd buff and crash FF and drop 3rd buff and crash my FF again.

My win10 laptop has 16gb ram, so i do not see the issue causing those FF crashes. Maybe win10 is the issue? Surely on Ubuntu things were simpler for me. It could also be that maybe some graphics for buildings at lvl 80 are having issues?

Anyhow, all buffs got dropped! Success? Mh...
    Sarm, was he running Concert Hall at the time? If you heard a short burst of music before it crashed, likely he was, and that seems to be a killer for Unity users.

World
    Newfoundland
    Game froze up, then when managed to finally reopen browser game is freezing up as soon as island starts to load... tried different browsers - same issue. what have you broken again BB?
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    Sarm, was he running Concert Hall at the time? If you heard a short burst of music before it crashed, likely he was, and that seems to be a killer for Unity users.
    No, I didn't hear anything, as I turned all sounds off on my island many years ago. I didn't have time between crashes to notice what zone buffs he was using tbh. I use Concert Hall all the time on my island without any issue so far.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    game freezes as soon as the water is loaded. every time.
    8 hours now trying to get in.
    cache cleared etc etc. anyone else got this problem.?
    all other internet pages work great.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Huge_Jarse View Post
    game freezes as soon as the water is loaded. every time.
    8 hours now trying to get in.
    cache cleared etc etc. anyone else got this problem.?
    all other internet pages work great.
    Try Kebabtomte's suggestion of using FF and other browsers. Also use resource monitor like task manager in windows to check how much mem it uses. When being logged in, before you get freeze, try canceling all visual cosmetics buffs, if you have any on. Turn sounds off, lower detail graphics, skip animations and so on. Keep it at minimum for now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice first time with new issues using chrome "status_access_violation" does it need to use knife balacing coding for game to work with unity.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Got "Aw, Snap!" page on Google Chrome again. This time permanent 40 minutes time out. I was trying to swap few buffs with lvl 80 player again and got the time out. Switched to FF and no issue swapping buffs. So windows 10 is not the issue.

Issue is Unity client is not entirely compatible currently with Google Chrome browser.

Work around (found out by Kebabtomte) : Use Firefox or other browser for now.
    Last edited by The_Sarmatian; 18.02.23 at 12:50.

Reply to Thread