Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: On the number of Generals allowable.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTweak View Post
    To: Fuseboy,

Thank you for your consideration.

Unfortunately, I must be quite blunt in my reply. Please be prepared. I, for one, knowing how military actually works in real-life ...
    LOL I live in the nation with the most powerful military in the world, in a city with the nation’s largest concentration of military personnel. I might know a thing or two.
    But it really doesn't matter, because all of that is irrelevant. More on that below.

ChatGPT wrote that response, not me. Since you are concerned with my opinion, however, I'll share that below, but only because you asked so nicely.

This is, if you haven't noticed, a game, not "real-life [sic]". It's not meant to be realistic. How many generals you know do a good job while dead? (Ghost)

If you want realistic this is not the game for you. I don't want to play a game with logistics officers and taxes and government contractors and a "realistic civil administration." That sounds boring as hell. And you're alternately complaining there is no "supreme commander" and then in the next breath admitting "the user is sovereign." You're literally contradicting yourself here. My advice to you is quit this game and find one that suits you, or play longer than a month and give the actual game a chance.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please stick to the topic if you want to join the discussion, and please remember to follow our rules - there is no place for political discussions here.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTweak View Post

I, for one, knowing how military actually works in real-life, compared to virtual reality, know that there has to be a supreme commander whom ultimately has the last word. For example, in a corporate business, there is only ever a Chief Executive Officer, whom runs the business by a corporate governance, to whom he, not trying to be sexist, is the sole interpreter of what has being laid out in a boardroom meeting. To have multiple Chief Executive Officers, frankly, is quite unrealistic.
    To be blunt in my response - what utter rubbish.
    Each General is not the equivalent of a CEO. If you want to attempt to user that analogy then the Player / Username who commands those Generals across his domain is in fact the CEO and those Generals are his executive team that are there to follow his direction.

The last time I looked CEO's didnt command armies but I will remain on the thread you choose of a CEO running a business....
    No player in his or her right mind that operated as a CEO would want to be restricted to 1 only for each product type they could buy. That would mean many of the worlds largest companies today couldnt have evolved out of their garage / shed / small shop as they wouldn't have the capability to build a multi-factory production line or use economies of scale to bring their unit costs down to create a profitable organisation.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with fishslice, I can't think of a single thing I like about this idea, but never fear! I just had a different, even more wonderful idea. Us experienced players can show you a way to have the game you want, and what's even better, you can play that way right now.

Here is how you do it.

First, do not buy any more generals after your first one. If you already have more than one, choose one to play with, and don't use the others. If you really want to be a purist about this, you can get rid of any generals you have already acquired beyond your first one. You are new, so you might not know that you cannot delete a general once you own it. Not to worry, I can get you sorted out there. But use caution! Don't run afoul of the rules (again)! A very important rule is that you cannot have two accounts on the same server. So you can either start over again on a different server, or ask BB to delete your account on Sandycove and then start over on Sandycove.

Once you have your account that has the one and only one general, that general can be your CEO. Although why you would want this is beyond me, as fishslice so eloquently stated, generals and CEOs are two very different things. But that's alright, it's clearly important to you, so if you really want a general that is a CEO, I can show you how to do it.

Now the last step. To rename a general, click the general, then click the pencil icon (it's blue) next to the general's name, then type in the new name of the general. Name your general "CEO." Don't forget to click the green checkmark to save your changes. And voila! You have exactly one general, your CEO, that you can use on any adventure.

You can thank me later. Enjoy playing!

MissTweak
    To: Fuseboy and Fishslice,

I, from this username's account, highly suggest you both:
    1) take a break from the game.
    2) look at real-world corporate organizational business hierarchical charts.
    3) Don't make this personal. You all came to this post first.
    Then leave quietly, as you have taken the topic of this post off-subject.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    What, you don't like the idea? It's exactly what you were asking for! We could be friends in game. Send me a request and we'll do some co-ops together. I'll even use only one general, just the way you want it!

MissTweak
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuseboy View Post
    What, you don't like the idea? It's exactly what you were asking for! We could be friends in game. Send me a request and we'll do some co-ops together. I'll even use only one general, just the way you want it!
    The problem with your latest post, is the following:
    - You have caused a ruckus for a community manager, whom is now liable for misuse and abuse of authority.
    - You are placing the blame on the consumer, rather than on the game developer, whom must adhere to business finances, rather than on his own whim and will. The consumer takes at face value, of whatever is provided on the market, i.e. video games, whether free-to-play or pre-packaged; in this particular case, on the number of generals available to field an in-game armed force.
    - You have boasted about a sensitive issue, to which the community manager is now liable, exactly with a news corporation that has being apprehended by a Federal Police Force, of a country that has have real-world experience with a Nation that is known to be a military superpower.

Until you resolve these matters, especially with a community manager, and what you have posted, there won't be a friend request. Unfortunately.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm sorry you no longer like your idea, that you came up with. That's a shame. Having just one CEO general was such a good idea! It seems like lots of people might like that idea. If you do want to pursue your idea about having one general, I'll be here, waiting to support you.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i have no words...

Reply to Thread