Reply to Thread

Thread: On Real-Life Monetary Profit versus In-Game Trade: Recommendation.

MissTweak

On Real-Life Monetary Profit versus In-Game Trade: Recommendation.

To: Appropriate Readers,

The following suggestion is more for business stakeholders of the game, whether formal or informal, to which development of the game is taken as secondary in consideration. It is understandable that the Settlers Online is free-to-play. Thus, I shall precipice by stating that there are many free-to-play online games that are of the same or different genre, to that of the Settlers Online. Hence, to refuse all conflicting arguments, the difference between the Settlers Online, versus free-to-play games of either same or different in genre, should be reduced to, especially in an ever competitive virtual gig economy, the input from monetary payments with real-life currency, and the respective in-game features that add to what has being in stock as free-to-play. The specific in-game resource of "gold", and again, as a recommendation, should be replaced with in-game "gems", that require a player to pay with a real-life currency, to access whatever "gold" gives the player access to. Console games, as an example, especially in a gig-economy, after the dot-com boom, have you play by purchasing a console, to which the "software" of a game is added on top, thus, the summed price for a console game would expect quality gameplay experience. By no means am I suggesting that the Settlers Online copy or try to compete with console games, as a free-to-play; am merely using console games as an example to contrast the expectations given between a free-to-play versus a virtual game that can be played with without a high performing laptop. Settlers Online, as a free-to-play, despite what it seems, have the advantage against console games, is that the low capital investment to play Settlers Online as a free-to-play, versus the high capital investment that console games require with hardware, should be exploited. Settlers Online is portable. Console games is sedentary. And the portability of free-to-play Settlers Online, is compatible with real-life monetary currency, unlike console games. Thus, to replace in-game "gold" with "gems", would be highly advantageous for business stakeholders, simply because you can make purchases from anywhere in the world, and play then and there, with the rewards from monetary input, unlike console games where you have to await to return back to your room to enjoy a gameplay.

More than happy to provide more input, should more input be necessarily required.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Your word salad needs more mayo.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    You should try Bing's ChatGPT

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i havent worked out yet if youa r ethe new resident forum troll or just plain on another planet

simply said- moving the game to one where we pay everything with real money would be a walkout of 90% + of the players- The game is old, tired and in trouble as is- paying for bugs is really not something people will do

MissTweak
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    i havent worked out yet if youa r ethe new resident forum troll or just plain on another planet

simply said- moving the game to one where we pay everything with real money would be a walkout of 90% + of the players- The game is old, tired and in trouble as is- paying for bugs is really not something people will do
    ...should you believe yourself valid in your complaints, feel free to make a report to customer service.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTweak View Post
    ...should you believe yourself valid in your complaints, feel free to make a report to customer service.
    Don;t worry, when i think you cross the line from annoying to breaking the forum rules, i will

The annoying part is that you come with these wild suggestions to completely change a game that has been running 10+ years with a playerbase that is on the whole content with the design of the game and has been playing for ages. You have to realize that a game will not be fundamentally changed 10+ years after launch- at best you can hope for some tweaks and new content but not complete new game philosophy and game mechanics - If they are valid and will make the company substantially more income, they will chose to do that in a new game without the luggage of an old playerbase that gets upset. new games are easier to market than relaunching an old game :P

MissTweak
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    Don;t worry, when i think you cross the line from annoying to breaking the forum rules, i will

The annoying part is that you come with these wild suggestions to completely change a game that has been running 10+ years with a playerbase that is on the whole content with the design of the game and has been playing for ages. You have to realize that a game will not be fundamentally changed 10+ years after launch- at best you can hope for some tweaks and new content but not complete new game philosophy and game mechanics - If they are valid and will make the company substantially more income, they will chose to do that in a new game without the luggage of an old playerbase that gets upset. new games are easier to market than relaunching an old game :P
    You should take a loan from your bank, and take a course in business. Perhaps a study in market ideology will help prevent you from posting ad-hoc speculation.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Hate to break it to you but your plan contains a fundamental flaw.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    wow... i am resolute in my thought processes and although I have come to a confident decision determined by the wordiness of such recent posts I am at the same time somewhat amused. Perhaps BB could put some thought into profitable comedic forum posts as my senses make me aware that this is very entertaining and therefore a profitable recourse of action for such a company. I feel it is of much import to advise that BB provide a payment method of real currency rather than gems to allow its playerbase to enjoy these anecdotes.

English version:
    MissTweak is some kind of scammer with a bot writing posts

Reply to Thread