Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals within an adventure bug

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Generals within an adventure bug

Most of us are well aware of a bug associated with when you first start an adventure that for some reason the generals on entering the adventure do not necessarily wind up either where they landed, or where you shifted them to. It's avoidable by assuming it will happen, and exiting the adventure and reentering it. I'm sure it's likely been posted about somewhere within this thread.

However there's actually a second, and far more insidious bug which is far harder to avoid unless you're aware of it's existence and the conditions it triggers under. During the Easter event I did well over 200 Bonaberti Business adventures and fell foul of this bug quite a few times before the penny dropped. ItThe sheer amount of BB I did was what actually led to me discovering the underlying cause because once I did I only triggered the bug one other time, and that was due to carelessness on my part.

What happens is when you're moving your generals from one encampment to the next, a global event occurs such as a new day, or a new guild quest even new collectables being available on your island. The global event is totally unrelated to the adventure you're doing, but it can interfere with it anyway, and here's how.

The event triggers as you're moving one or more of the generals or attacking with them. This leads to your general being ghosted as either moving to attack or in the new location you thought you shifted it to. You can even attack with a ghosted general and everything will appear like normal, until it comes time to resolve things. As far as the server is concerned either the attack didn't happen from one of your generals or it did, and it's still moving towards the enemy from the previous location. From your side everything appears to normal and progressing as you'd expect. You won't even receive any messages to tell you of the intercepts that occurred. Then you'll notice that at least one of enemy camps seem to be locked into a forever combat which never resolves. Once you exit the adventure and reenter it, you discover the bad news. One or more of your generals didn't move, or never attacked even though you could see the general moving. Now you've just had some catastrophic losses depending on how many generals you attack all at once with.

I've personally lost tend of thousands of mounted marksman and several besiegers to this bug before I finally worked out how to avoid it so I'm posting this more as a warning to players in what to look for in the hopes they too can avoid this moving forward until BB hunts down and eliminates it (Hopefully soon as I'm sure I'll fall foul of this at least a few more times even with knowing what to avoid).
    Last edited by DLCatlord; 25.04.23 at 07:48.

Reply to Thread